Baltimore Coin Show Follow-Up

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by collectingkid, Nov 20, 2011.

1. collectingkid

collectingkid Copper Collector

Hello,

I went to the Whitman show in baltimore today, and to sum everything up it was great. I had a cold, but I still made it :smile. I met lots of great people like the Penny Lady, Rick Snow, and other awesome dealers that I am planning on buying from in the future. I managed to get 3 coins: 1833 Large Cent N5 R1 Horned 8 with beautiful die breaks, a 1900 IHC from the Penny Lady in MS63 BN condition, and a PCGS 1897 F-12 IHC with the 1 in neck from Rick Snow. The 2 non-graded coins will probably be sent to PCGS because they are high grade. I am planning on attending all of the Whitman Shows not only to buy but to meet new dealers and to enjoy the coins that they have. I have the coins attached below. So thanks for reading :).

Dan

PS: The guys in the registration desk spelled my name wrong it was supposed to be Daniel, but they spelled it Doneel :D

Снимок экрана 2011-11-20.jpg Снимок экрана 2011-11-20.jpg Снимок экрана 2011-11-20.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MercuryDime

MercuryDime New Member

I hope you had a great time! ;)

4. collectingkid

Hey Taylor, yep best time ever ;) thanks.

5. MercuryDime

MercuryDime New Member

Sweet!

6. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Very nice coins, especially like the large cent :) If you get into those more check out EAC, the website is www.EACS.org, there is a club meeting at every Whitman show on Saturday.

7. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Nice coins. I was unable to attend this year, but was wondering about prices at the show. Did you find them reasonable for what you were looking for? Also, were there a lot of dealers this year?

8. collectingkid

I joined EACS a week ago and I didn't know about their meetings there :( but thanks for telling me.

Dan

9. collectingkid

The prices at the show were good for the coins, a lot of copper which is perfect (because I collect large cents and IHC). Some deals were really good. Compared to the Philadelphia Expo there were 2 times as much dealers, I got to talk to all my dealers I knew from the Philly show + met The Penny Lady and Rick Snow and others. I was really happy and can't wait till next year. So overall the expo was wonderful and I would HIGHLY recommend collectors to go.

Dan

10. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Fantastic pick ups Dan, glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Wish I were close enough to go, but at least the Santa Clara show was around.

11. collectingkid

12. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"I was unable to attend this year, but was wondering about prices at the show."

I was only interested in medals and foreign currency. Generally, prices for those I was interested in seemed to be up around 5-10% from a year ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted