Bald indian nickels and a flat five barely stamped

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coinneseur, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

bald indians, with no dates, no liberty on the front side and double dies on the reverse side. One late 1800’s nickel with obverse and reverse barely stamped... enjoy the pictures everyone! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Welcome. You've got a lot to learn. This is the place to do it.

Coinneseur likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The Cent is damaged
    The Nickels are all very well circulated.. One time they were well struck but worn down over time..
    No Doubled Dies at all

Collecting Nut and Coinneseur like this.
  5. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Willing to... and thank you.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

All so true.

Coinneseur likes this.
  7. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

The coins are in such bad shape that none are worth much but I’d still like to point out something about the buffalo nickels. I’m fairly sure those top two nickels are 1913 type 1 (a key date in the series).

Only 1913 type 1 nickels have a raised mound under the buffalo on the reverse.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Coins are struck, not "stamped" or "printed".

That's certainly interesting damage on your avatar cent. It's almost artistic. Must surely have been done deliberately, but... why? Eh, well, who cares. It looks neat.

Coinneseur likes this.
  9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Where else can you hold that much true history in your hands for mere.... “pocket change”?

Coinneseur likes this.
  10. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Those Buffalo nickels and Indian head are worn but they still look like they have some hair left. Do not see any bald Indians there. Maybe a few with a receding hairline due many miles traveled. Dillan

Coinneseur likes this.
  11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

That cent looks like a coin rolling machine went wide and took it out on the penny.

Coinneseur likes this.
  12. soak the (BISON) nicks in a jar undiluted white vinegar check weekly dates may appear by magic
    works for me lol

13. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

The penny is special... it actually says “the world is yours.” I dont know how it was done, or why it was done, or where it was done, and what was used to get it done, but it is indeed my favorite penny, the rarest one cent on top of my rarest ones... just for the message it states, makes me feel like atlas with the midas touch when it comes to finding coins to add to my collection. Cheers sir.

14. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Will try it right now... Please do tell me if you are being sarcastic about your advice, for those coins have sentimental value to me for it was a gift from a late fraternity brother who I had to take care of before he went. Salut.

15. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Not at all. You can also use a mix of vinegar and peroxide. It will show a ghost of a date overnight. There is one trade off. It will turn your nickels unnaturally white. I have quite a hoard of no date Buffalo’s and went through an experimental phase with some of them. The process works maybe 75% of the time. But again, though you have a date, the piece turns ghost white. It’s an ugly trade off.

16. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Though I like ugly coins, I made a device that does the opposite of what yours do, it has done wonders on a lot of my old coins and it truly makes some old looking, rotting, rusting, look much better and it actually takes the all that off and leave you with how a coin is supposed to look after a few wipe downs and rinses.

17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Would that device be called a rock tumbler by chance?

Coinneseur and Cheech9712 like this.
  18. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Chisel.

Coinneseur likes this.
  19. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

There is a machine that uses electricity and vibration to loosen dirt and crust perhaps this is what the member is using? Dillan

Coinneseur likes this.
  20. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Yes indeed, he is right, I came up with one and waiting for patenting
    image.jpg 1953 Before cleaning

image.jpg
    1953 after 30 seconds of cleaning... guaranteed to just clean and never damage a coin.

21. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

(Had to search for what a rock tumbler is) no sir, but I do need one of them, for me and my daughter’s rock collection... thank you for a birthday gift idea! Cheers!

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted