Bad Face Book "Sponsored" adds and Counterfeits

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Jack D. Young, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Seems to me if he bought them for $25 each, he knew what he was doing.

Jack D. Young likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

So why report it to a major publication?

4. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Good question, I missed that part. Maybe not the brightest light on the tree.

PS: Did something happen around here lately? I've never seen the forum so dead. Someone PM me if appropriate.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  5. lardan

lardan Supporter! Supporter

That answer from FB was beyond belief to me.

6. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I just got around to reading that. Maybe it will get their attention if you tell them that facilitating the sale of counterfeit numismatic items is a crime.

"It shall be a violation of the Act and the regulations promulgated thereunder for a person to provide substantial assistance or support to any manufacturer, importer, or seller of imitation numismatic items, or to any manufacturer or importer of imitation political items, if that person knows or should have known that the manufacturer, importer, or seller is engaged in any practice that violates the Act and the regulations promulgated thereunder."

7. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

8. Jack D. Young

Jack D. Young Well-Known Member

9. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

One of the best things I ever did was dump Facebook. When I learned they were mining the contacts on my phone to suggest friends that was it.
    Most people don't understand that if you have a Facebook page Zuckerberg gets money every month for you from advertisers.

10. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I never noticed that there was a comment section on their articles.

Draft saved Draft deleted