bad apple at FedEx

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clawcoins, Dec 4, 2019.

1. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

And if it's not someone at the shipping company, it could be done by package thieves. I guess that's the pros and cons of on-line shopping these days. For me, I rather just go into a coin shop in person to make my purchase.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

Got a shipment from Great Collections via USPS. Heavily taped box inside larger heavily taped box, so even though several pounds, it did not seem that heavy. Private insurance, so no indication of insurance on the package. Probably the most dangerous part of the shipment was the 200 yards from the post office to the bank and my safe deposit box. It was sent Priority Mail Express, probably on the theory that the less time it is in the hands of the USPS, the better. And of course I got a heads up on the tracking info, so I could get to the PO within minutes of it being marked "waiting for pickup" by the online tracking web page.

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

When there's a will they will find a way. Not Fedx in my opinion. Just an employee that thought he had it all figured out to his advantage. All companies have this problem.

5. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Probably a stipulation of GC's insurance policy. My insurance requires packages over a certain value be sent either express or registered. Their actuaries see them as being equally secure.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted