Av Dukat from Heritage

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by panzerman, Feb 21, 2020.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Just in from last nites auction....
    AV Dukat 1796 Kremnitz Mint
    Hungary
    HRE Franz II
    obv. Madonna with Jesus
    rev. HRE standing/ sword lf - 2020-02-21T090330.048.jpg lf - 2020-02-21T090309.493.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I'm tellin ya folks, ya need to take up mowing the grass for your neighbors. All ya gotta do to see the truth of that is look at this guys coins :D

edit - and for those of you kinda slow on the uptake - that's a Like from me. 2nd one I gave the same guy in the last 5 minutes :woot:

4. GDJMSP

Kentucky likes this.
  5. panzerman

I am still "unemployed", hopefully snow will dissappear by April. Itching to get back to work, $$$$ is running on low:(
    I think you'd need many "trillions of $$$$" to get all the Dukaten types struck thru history.....definately the most beautifull coinage ever made. Sadly, I cannot afford those.

6. GDJMSP

Well, when ya consider that ducats have been being struck for going on 800 years now, and by well over 300 different countries/entities - yeah, that's a whole lot of coins ! ;)

panzerman likes this.
  7. Robidoux Pass

Robidoux Pass Well-Known Member

Wow, @panzerman, that's another beautiful coin! I always enjoy seeing your latest acquisitions.

panzerman likes this.
  8. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

panzerman likes this.
  9. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Glad you got it. I was watching that one as it's spectacular, but I didn't bid. That's a bit earlier than where I start my ducat collection at.

panzerman likes this.
  10. panzerman

I tried to get a stempelglanz ex. from Fruhwald/ Rauch/ Pannonia Terra but always got outbid. This one I ended up getting for $550 + fees/ reasonable.

svessien and Seattlite86 like this.
  11. Jaelus

Yeah, a lot of competition there. You try Macho?

panzerman likes this.
  12. panzerman

Yes, I recently won a FDC AV 1/12 Dukat HRE Josef I /Breslau Mint.....I ended up probably bidding way too much (2600euros:() However, its the only Josef I type, I ever had seen offered.
    John

Jaelus likes this.
  13. Jaelus

I always pay way too much there as well, but the quality is always worth it.

panzerman likes this.
  14. panzerman

I totally agree, nothing nicer then admiring a perfect FDC coin. Besides, considering the rarity/ quality.....imagine if it was an American "capped bust" Quarter Eagle in MS-66. We would be talking 6 figures!

Jaelus likes this.
  15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Not nice, Doug.

not nice.

panzerman likes this.
  16. GDJMSP

Awww geez Frank, look at it this way. As long as I'm picking on you - that means I'm leaving somebody else alone :D

'Sides, I still got looooong ways to go just to get even with ya for pickin on me ! Why you're right up there with Ken when it comes to that :jawdrop: :wideyed: - that's hard to do ! :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming :)

panzerman likes this.
  17. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

yawn, come on--

you can be meaner that that!

I have faith in you

panzerman likes this.
  18. svessien

svessien Senior Member

That wasn’t too bad!
    I guess it amounts to a few lawns though?
    Glad you were able to get some nice coins despite many high bids.

panzerman likes this.
  19. panzerman

Yes, it was a bargain!
    Most lawns/ garden contracts (April/November) average out at $1500 for season. I maintain by myself around 140 properties.....so roughly a 1/2 days pay.

svessien likes this.
  20. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Sounds like you have found a profession that is both healthy and profitable. And as long as the grass grows, you have demand. Good for you!

panzerman likes this.
  21. panzerman

Actually, I like dry Summers....grass/ weeds slow to a standstill:) I get paid full contract;)
    We usually always get hot/ dry weather in June/July/August.
    I use that opportunity to do my hedge trimming.
    It keeps me on my toes for sure/ I log close to 300 K a week. Thus I wear Merrill running shoes for foot comfort/ and pack a few Coronas in my icebox to quench my thirst.....

Draft saved Draft deleted