AV 2 Dukaten 1711 Leipzig Mint

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by panzerman, Jan 28, 2018.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

This coin features King Friedrich August I on his horse. He was King of Sachsen and Poland. 6945bed45f66f7c326f2a767af4ef3fe.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gold standard db

gold standard db Active Member

Nice coin. My current coin collection is aiming toward 1/4 oz sized gold coins. Close to melt but some budget for age/condition. I want variety. Ducats have had my eye for some time.

panzerman likes this.
  4. panzerman

Dukaten coinage will definately give you lots of variety/ sizes/ mint Cities/Countries/etc.

These coins came in all sizes, from the massive 105 Zecchini of Venice to the tiny 1/32 Dukat of Nurnberg/Regensburg. Transylvania/ Poland/ Bohemia struck 100 Dukaten (350grams/ coins. They are not cheap though, even the 1/12 Dukat from Breslau sells for 1800 euros. Even, if you had the money of the 5 richest people on the planet, it would not be enough to get a quarter of all the dukat coinage struck from 1200-1934.

5. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Seriously, where is this panzerman musuem? I've seen so many awesome gold coins - I reckon it's more than enough to start one right now!

6. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

I dig that "big boned" horse!

panzerman likes this.
  7. panzerman

I am off to bed now, it would be a small collection (800+coins/museum standards) but probably better quality then most museum collections. I have to admit, I have never been to a coin/currency museum:(
    John

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I had to look up... do a search on Bing for King Friedrich August I first. then I discovered he was from German States/Saxony to find your coin. found it. KM#807 , 1711 ILM, 2 Ducat, .986 gold , weight-7.00g. or 0.9860 oz. any idea what the mintage is on this coin ? very cool coin.:cool::cat::cat::cat:

panzerman likes this.
  9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

7 grams is 0.225 oz.

panzerman likes this.
  10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

that's what it said in my Krause catalog. (0.9860 oz.)

panzerman likes this.
  11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

panzerman likes this.
  12. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

I think that ".986 gold " might be referring
    to the purity of the gold the coin is composed of.

spirityoda likes this.
  13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I stand corrected. it says .2219 oz.

14. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

The animal
    Or the human, look at it again

Draft saved Draft deleted