Autographed Bills!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by nickrapak, Feb 4, 2008.

1. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

A few months ago, I sent leeters and CU-AU $1 bills to all Treasury secretaries from Rubin to Paulson. So far, I got 4 of the 6 back.
    [​IMG]

The coolest thing was, Rubin's note came enclosed in a case, complete with his buisiness card(not pictured)!:kewl::kewl:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikes4ever

ikes4ever Senior Member

4. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Man, sweet! Did you just send them, or did you have to pay a fee?

Phoenix :cool:

5. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

I don't know why I never thought of that. Nice thinking. For the ones that didn't come back, I wonder who kept the bills.

6. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

was that an ever cool idea!! i wonder how many others have done this over the years lol

any market value for selling them?

7. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

pretty neat!:high5: never have heard of anyone doing that. i'd like to know if it was free or not too.

8. LSM

LSM Collector

Yes, people do collect autographed currency and it can be pricey. How about a one dollar 2003A Alen Greenspan/Paul Volker for the selling price of $ 800.00. Or a 1963B Barr dollar note autographed by Mr. Barr for $ 250.00. I found these prices in Paper Money Values. There's an add by a seller that goes by the name Don Roberts that has the notes I just mentioned and many more for sale.

Lou

9. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

These types of autographs have been collected for almost as long as paper money has been printed. My only advice is to try to use CU notes - it will be worth the extra effort as future value will be increased. Also, beware of sending notes to a current Sec. or Treasurer, as their office may use an autopen machine to sign them. And don't forget to get the Treasurers to sign at some point also!

It is a great hobby and I keep meaning to do this as well. I'll have to see what I have for new bills squirrelled away.

Draft saved Draft deleted