Austrian gold coin 1752

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by donnylad, Mar 22, 2004.

1. ph34rm3

ph34rm3 New Member

o_0 i dunno!!! if its real or not!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. julie freeth

julie freeth New Member

hi i have just found the same coin that you have

did you find out anymore about this coin, its got me thinking.
    i thought mine was gold, look forward to hereing from you ju.

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Howdy Julie - Welcome to the Forum !!

There's really not much more to find out. There are plenty of known fakes for this coin out there - that is a fact. There are genuine examples too - that is also a fact. But the genuine coins are somewhat scarce and hard to come by.

To find out if your coin is real or not - weigh it. If it weighs 3.5 grams, then there is a chance it is genuine and you should have the coin authenticated. If it weighs more than a tenth of a gram over or under 3.5 grams - then it's a fake. Unless it is worn almost smooth, even then it should weigh 3.25 - 3.30 grams.

5. julie freeth

julie freeth New Member

about domine spes franc, hi me again talking about the coin i have like yours ,mine came from my late father in law, he had a big collection of coins he was dutch, anyway may i ask you, the fake that they did in readers digest was it silver or gold, maybe i should not of but i cleaned mine and it is so gold, maybe if you do not mind i could send a photo of it for you to see, and i would like to see a pic of your coin 2, anyway many thanks ju.

6. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

You know... if you actually cared to read the forum properly, cleaning any sort of coins just makes the value drop. It doesn't matter if you managed to find out if it's genuine or not... you just killed off the value.

7. Ian

Ian Coin Collector

While I agree that it's not too bright an idea to clean a coin, I wouldn't go as far as saying that the poster has just killed off the value. Killed off SOME value perhaps, but not all of it.

If it is a genuine ducat, then cleaned or not, it will have a value in excess of its gold bullion value. Just how much in excess depends on what state the coin is in.

Ian

8. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Most definately agree with Ian's comment. I just find it very disappointing to the extend that while people try to show their coins are genuine by cleaning it to show the original gold / silver luster, by doing that, values will drop right away without really realizing the damage they are doing. :(

9. GDJMSP

Julie -

By all means post a pic - but we won't be able to say if the coin is genuine or not based on a pic. You need to weigh the coin as I suggested previously. You can't tell if something is gold or not by looking at it.

10. ainsi

ainsi New Member

paul ainsworth

hello my name is paul from england, i was just looking at your e mail and i have got the same coin but not got a clue of its value do you have any idea.

11. nik

nik New Member

did you find out anything about this coin

12. GDJMSP

Read the entire thread nik, these things are copies which exist in huge numbers.

13. goossen

goossen Senior Member

A picture would be helpful, but as others said; there are many fakes around.

Draft saved Draft deleted