Auctionzip.com sale knockdown price

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cash4coin, Feb 12, 2015.

1. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

This seemed like a very good buy at $8000. A 500+ item coin auction, central PA. Attended by 51 bidders. fi66.cgi.jpg

I didn't bid on this. The gentleman sitting in front of me bought it at 8K. His wife was upset. LOL

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

Looks like too much money to me for an AU details piece.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

agreed, seems too high

5. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Where was this in central PA?

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I dunno. Numismedia doesn't report any prices below PF61 for the flat-edge variety -- but that PF61 price is almost $24K. If these come up infrequently enough, $8K might prove to be quite a bargain.

7. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

It's too high. They aren't rare and there is sufficient auction record data to indicate that $8k is too much, in my opinion, for a problem AU.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Makes sense. As you can surely tell, I haven't done much research on it. :)

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Kind of common really. I never understood local auctions. I have bought $1200 coins for $300 at times, and other times the same $1200 coin will bring $3500. Nearly all common material sells for way too much, day in day out. I pretty much stopped going to them due to this. There is one here I go to maybe once a year. I almost never buy anything, I kind of go there to judge the stupidity of others. I know, not very mature of me, but still.

10. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

Draft saved Draft deleted