Auction Service

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jess, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Jess

Jess Senior Member

Has anyone used this auction service? I looked at about 100 auctions and saw no bids, everyone seems to be asking top dollar from the getgo. There are a lot of coins on this site. A2J Jess

www.bidville.com

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

I tried it with a few auctions way back, maybe two years ago, or three, found it to be not worth my time.

4. National dealer

National dealer New Member

Let me let you in on a little secret. Look through the US dollars on page 2 and following. Silver Eagles listed as buy now for under $9. Some have less than $8. With silver closed at $8.09 an ounce seems like a person has a win-win situation.
    Now I have never heard of this site before, so I would not have a clue as to whether the sellers are any good, but with silver eagles, it is hard to go wrong. Especially at lower than melt prices.

5. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Samo, samo six months ago. :(

6. bromac4

bromac4 Senior Member

I looked at a few Canadian coins and they seem way overpriced. The very first item was a set of 1976 Olympic coins starting at $350 U.S. The Charlton book lists them at $245 CDN. The other thing I saw was 1926 far 6 nickels that were barely VG graded as VF.

7. captbly2k

captbly2k New Member

Now that I've been there I don't think I'll be back. Prices way high. Maybe that's why there are so few bids.
    Might try to sell there though. Might get chased out of Dodge for underselling everyone.

8. Jess

Jess Senior Member

I was thinking of putting some nice coins with bidding starting at 99 cents. Might throw a knot into the entire operation. A2J Jess

Draft saved Draft deleted