Auction on Ebay

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by icollectoldmoney, Nov 14, 2017.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I have a couple small kids too...so I understand the idea of wanting have a common interest and hobbies. I have been making an effort to get both of my sons interested in the things I like.

That said, why do you want wheat rolls? All you will likely find in such items are common date circulated cents worth a couple cents each at the most. I would strongly advise you to invest in quality over quantity. That way you will have something far nicer to share with your kid and later pass down.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

Will do i just think it be nice to have a couple rolls to look at they I won’t have to worry if they get dirty or lost.
    Thanks,
    icollectoldmoney

4. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Why not start with some 1909 VDBs ? First year of issue, historic value, affordable - you can usually get nice ones for $5 or $6 on eBay
    1909_vdb_lincoln_cent.jpg

5. icollectoldmoney

I will worried I might get a coin that has been cleaned or damaged off eBay and most I seen sell for $30 and up.
    Thanks,
    icollectoldmoney

6. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

You can get a circulated example for much less than that. Heck, I'm sure a lot of people here have extras they would be willing to sell. It takes time and study to identify some problem coins...I would suggest learning about the coins and how to identify problems before buying them. I was at a point in my life not too long ago where I didn't buy coins for several years because I was in school and had no disposable income. So, I spent that time studying them and learning as much as I could so when I could buy them I would be ready. It was probably the best thing I could have done.

7. icollectoldmoney

Yeah i am going do a lot of search been saving for lifetime ANA Membership!!!! I want to be able to enjoy the hobby with my son and wife.
    Thanks,
    icollectoldmoney

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If you were going to do something with the ANA that money would be better spent taking one of their grading classes. There's a lot more collectors that aren't actual members than are now a days.

9. icollectoldmoney

Well I am going take a class also just been saving since I was 6 years old to get a lifetime membership!!!!
    Thanks,
    icollectoldmoney

Draft saved Draft deleted