Auction House and Dealer Consignment Feedback

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by baseball21, Aug 28, 2016.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Basically I am trying to gather some info on the various sales methods out there and get some feedback from people who have used some of the various consignment and auction house feed back. I have a few things I am considering selling that really have no business being listed on my ebay account and looking for feedback from peoples various experiences. I feel it would also be beneficial to all the various newer members to have a place to see what people have experienced with how many threads pop up asking about how and where to sell their coins.

Gerry Fortin's Consignment services is one that I would be particularly interested in hearing about if anyone has used him before.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

What type of items are we talking about?

ddddd likes this.
  4. ddddd

ddddd Member

This is the key question.
    *Rarities could do better at Heritage
    *Mid-tier items/toned Morgans might be for Great Collections
    *Oddball items/sample slabs are best for eBay
    *Bullion - your Local Coin Store / Apmex

5. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

I have only bought from Gerry, never consigned, but he is so transparent with his process that it seems like a good thought. He seems to work really hard to make the deal fair for everyone.

6. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Definitely depends on what you're selling. If you're selling a collection of Seated dimes, Gerry Fortin might be a great choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted