Auction gone bad!!

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by hammerhead, Mar 21, 2006.

1. satootoko

satootoko Retired

You think it should be lower, or done away with?

Also how do you feel about the one-per-week limitation? Should we allow unlimited buy/sell/trade offers?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dockwalliper

Dockwalliper Coin Hoarder

I think it should be higher. You should be an established member before you can sell.

I would say between posts and days of membership....at least 100. 50 days, 50 posts or any combo that adds to 100.

Both members in this deal were relative newbies.

4. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

I don't know as I agree with a change for the sake of a change. The length of time or amount of post have nothing to do with integrity of a buyer/seller. I have done deals with three differents individuals in this forum now and I think they have all been great. Both from my buying point and their selling points.

This incident is just something that happens on occasion, I do think that part of the problem could be that we have some young members in this forum and they may feel like they get taken advantage of and havbe no life expierences to fall back on?

Just my two cents. (1864 XF no less)

Jim

5. Dockwalliper

Dockwalliper Coin Hoarder

My point is that any crook can register on the forum, reply "nice coin" to a half dozen posts, and then try to pass off some crap or take advantage of another member in the open forum.
    If that is the only reason someone has come here a minimum membership time and post count would put them off. Im not saying that this is what happened in this case or that it would stop problems in the future but it could help.

6. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

It's standard practice at other internet sales forums (I moderated one for three years) to make references available for potential trading partners. Further, newer members tend to make security concessions to more established members (escrow, shipping first, etc.).

My best advice for anyone who wants to deal online is to stay the heck away from it if you're not capable of exercising due diligence in protecting yourself. No amount of rules will stop a determined troll. Caveat emptor.