Attractive Mottled Toning

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lehigh96, Dec 15, 2012.

?

Is the 1954 Roosevelt Dime shown attractive?

1. YES, it is attractive

48.2%
  2. NO, it is not attractive

21.4%
  3. GOD NO, it is butt ugly

14.3%
  4. None of the above, the toning is neutral

16.1%
  1. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

me likely mottled toning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I never heard the term "mottled" toning. Must be what I call "crusty". Which I love.
    To me, it's a clear indication the toning occurred over a long period of time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i wouldn't necessarily call it crusty. mottled toning tends to be very splotchy. where there are obvious spots on the coin that have no toning while the rest of the coin is toned. almost like something was spilled on the coin and only certain parts toned. i actually like the term splotchy better. :) i think it sums it up better, but that is just me

6. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Splotchy it is then! © urbanchemist 2013. All rights reserved.

[​IMG]

7. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

I like it because there's ZERO question about the toning when you see it like that. I've yet to see someone AT a coin into anything like those.

8. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I voted NO, but I loved the OP Quarter, and also CamaroDMD dime looks fantastic!

9. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I bought a coin from Shane once, but it's not mottled, and it's not particularly attractive. It was a low ball bid on a whim, and I was very surprised when I won it a few days later. I watch his auctions like some people watch reality TV, and one day I hope to buy a stunner from him.

10. MissSaraKay

MissSaraKay New Member

I think be found some toner ... some seem more gold like but with the rainbow color and a couple dark blue to purple with the rainbow color more of a hue if you will

11. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

This is the silver Roosie I chose for my US Type. Purchased from a CT member here years ago. 1957-D MS-67 (No star). Oriented reverse forward in slab. The rainbow is really bright from all angles. No special lighting needed. The luster is subdued and dull though.
    57RoosRev.JPG
    57RoosObv.JPG

12. Zorrbabe

Zorrbabe Coin shortage of good coins not crappy ones lol

at 66 wow

Draft saved Draft deleted