atm twenties

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by bruce levine, Jan 17, 2021.

1. bruce levine

bruce levine New Member

Is there any value above face for consecutive serial numbers from atm. They are crisp.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Pictures. Pictures , Pictures . Thanks :banghead:

4. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Usually no premium unless they're stars. Consecutive numbers are not uncommon.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Consecutive numbers are the normal for ATM's in my area. No need for images.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

No, for a machine it's normal.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  7. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Ditto

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

banks often, just take stacks of cash coming off armored trucks take
    the bands off and put them in the machine many times you get sequential
    bills but certainly not a rarity.

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

But if you know what to look for in Fancy Serial numbers (not Cool Serial numbers) and your $20's have one then you vould have some kind of premium ;)

NOS and capthank like this.
  10. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, I cashed a check from some work I had done. The check was for $1,500. After they had counted the currency, they put it in an envelope. I when I cash a check, especially a large check, I go to a secluded place to park and count the currency 2 times to make sure I had an accurate count. In this instance, I got 750 $20 bills. I was a little upset, because the teller gave me new crisp bills...750 of them in sequential number. Not that I am rich, but I talked it over with my wife and we decided to put the currency in a safe place, in the event we are unable to get money from the bank. Can you image 75 sequential numbered bill. A friend told me that some places won't take crisp bills in fear of counterfeit bills. Should I take them back to the bank and get bills that have been in circulation?

capthank likes this.
  11. Steve Shupe

Steve Shupe Active Member

Make sure they know that they were fresh of the press this morning.... LOL. I have never had a concern of spending fresh bills.

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I imagine that if they are sequential then it's fine. Don't counterfeit currency all have the exact same serial number? Also.. Most places use counterfeit detecting practices such as pens and special lights.
    If someone does not want to accept your cash then don't shop their any more.

john65999, tibor and capthank like this.
  13. Collecting Nut

I've never had a problem with new bills at my bank.

capthank likes this.
  14. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

You can go into *some* banks and credit unions and get uncirculated, strapped bills - which are 100 per strapped bunch. That's 100 consecutive numbered bills. if you're lucky you can get multiple strapped bills that are consecutive from one to another.

banks will tend to put cash into ATMs for dispensing, whether sequential or not.

15. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

So you didn't notify them that they gave you the incorrect amount? They gave you an extra $13,500!!!

750 $20 bills is $15,000.

I would think the bank would notice a mistake like that.

16. Collecting Nut

I think he meant 75, not 750. They mentioned 750 twice and 75 the third time. If the teller made a $13,500 mistake they should loose their job.

john65999 likes this.
  17. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

New U.S. paper money is distributed in packs of consecutive notes. I worked in retail for a bit and we would always shuffle new packs of $1 notes to keep them from sticking together. I can’t imagine a retailer not accepting several new consecutive notes as payment.

capthank likes this.
  18. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

My bank checks new crisp bills with a marker and gave me a marker to use for myself.

19. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Those counterfeit pens (or "markers") have been proven ineffective time and time again. Here is one such example from a counterfeit $100 Series 1985 note: https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=347560.

It passed the pen test and was accepted as genuine when it is merely a photocopied counterfeit. The reason it passed is counterfeiters often spray fake notes with chemicals so they will pass the pen test.

Essentially, these pens offer nothing more than a false sense of security. They should be neither depended or relied upon nor used yet manufacturers don't care as their goal is to sell pens and continue the perpetual cycle of ignorance.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  20. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I've got a fresh pack of sequentially numbered $2. Now dem is rare . . . . . .

Z

$2 stash-01.JPG

xCoin-Hoarder'92x, tibor and capthank like this.
  21. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Packs of consecutive notes are not rare. Matter of fact, they’re the complete opposite of rare.

C6718DE5-F767-404E-A6DB-CD9F360E627B.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted