Athena Numismatics- communication.

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by JayAg47, Jul 26, 2021.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

A nice silver ancient, in high grade and mint luster intact, will retone over time. This natural silver toning can look like this, I own many coins in 1970s flips toned. The blue artificial color is trying to trick you into thinking its an older found, high grade specimen.

DonnaML likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Oh Salem is hopeless. I paid for an item once (Macrianus antoninianus) & he didn't send it until i followed up a month later asking for the tracking number. More recently I became aware of undisclosed "sandy patina" that gets added to coins, to make the devices pop so he can charge a premium. It's a shame, because he has a great range of coins I would otherwise be interested in, but the customer service experience and his reputation aren't good.

DonnaML, JayAg47, Ryro and 1 other person like this.
  4. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

I've had some success with making offers with vcoins dealers. I always make a fair offer (up to 10% off asking price) as i know the rent is high and they need to feed their families.

Ryro likes this.
  5. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

Update: so I just came to know that the seller is away for 2 months, and any order will be processed from late September!

6. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Agreed. I have offered MANY times with several different VCoins Dealers, and always received a response.

Silphium Addict and Victor_Clark like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted