Asked The Managing Teller If They Had Any Packs of New $1 Bills And....

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by keemao, Oct 3, 2017.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I had two new packs of $2 bills I wanted to use so I took 4 packs of new $1 bills they had. Went to meet my wife for lunch and thought I'd take a quick look and see if there were any star notes. Picked up the first pack and WOW, a whole strap of St. Louis star notes!! First time I have gotten a whole strap. High printing but it's still going in the safe. Thought it was pretty cool!!
    img410.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Great pickup, especially at face.

American Abroad and Noah Finney like this.
  4. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

I agree, well done!

American Abroad and Noah Finney like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

6. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

American Abroad likes this.
  7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Are these consecutive 501-600?
    And what is the value since these are all going to be high 60's EPQ/PPQ
    in condition? Double your money? More? Sell the whole pack?

8. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Very nice!

9. At the currency exchange bureau I work at we get 5-10 straps a week (sometimes five individual straps and sometimes an entire brick). In my entire time working at this place and a bank (3.5 years total) I have seen 3 straps of $5 Dollar star notes, and probably 8 straps of $1 Dollar star notes. I was able to afford 4 straps of $1 Dollar star notes. The rest I had to pass on because it would have been too expensive to just have sitting around. Since I have heard they will soon be no longer producing any store notes I will probably buy all of them I can get my hands on especially when they are CU and strapped the OP's notes.

10. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Yes, they are consecutive to 600 which is kind of cool. I don't think it would be worth grading them as the production is too high. If they were considered rare with a low production number then I would probably grade some to see how they came out.

Michael K likes this.
  11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Yes I didn't mean to grade them, I just meant since they were brand new, they are all going to be high 60's PPQ/EPQ.

12. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Yes, I am sure they would be. I am tempted to order a block of 10 packs from my bank and see if I can get any star notes in it. Wife works at a Thai restaurant and has spurts where she gets $1 star notes 3-4 in a week. I usually keep all of them just cause I like them. Last night brought home one that was 640k production run. Not too bad. I have a block of new $2 bills coming to my bank tomorrow and am hoping to find more of the rare star notes i have found in the past year....or it would be cool to find a whole pack of $2 stars. I love $2 bills...haha!!

13. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Just curios, what do you expect from these?

14. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

From which?

15. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

who buys them, unless at face?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  16. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

By judging the margins, I doubt the high 60’s

Draft saved Draft deleted