Aside From Coins, Do You Have Any Other Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Aethelred, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Lemme Caution

Lemme Caution Well-Known Member

You got it, smoky.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Makanudo

Makanudo Well-Known Member

RESPECT!

RAGNAROK and Lemme Caution like this.
  4. Lemme Caution

Thank you kindly!:happy:

5. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Lemme Caution likes this.
  6. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

LOL!—:hilarious::D:)—That knife pushes the envelope of being able to be called a Pocket Knife. You'd need pockets like this and larger.

afd8defefc7db2e277ca4522955ce9f3--hunting-outfits-mens-hunting-clothes.jpg

7. LaCointessa

Or maybe one of these, @Deacon Ray! If it were a pet it could carry all sorts of stuff in that handy pouch (once the current tenant moves out). kangaroo pouch.jpg

midas1, RAGNAROK, Deacon Ray and 2 others like this.
  8. Lemme Caution

Well, not exactly, but as I may have hinted at, 'tis a far, far better thing you do NOT to figure this one out.:rolleyes:

9. Lemme Caution

This guy may just have taken the concept of "pocket ping pong" to a whole new level!

10. Lemme Caution

Have you made any inquiries as to whether those are rent-controlled or not?:bag:

Deacon Ray likes this.
  11. LaCointessa

okaaaaayy...i've stopped trying to figure it out!:angelic:

Lemme Caution likes this.
  12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I've often said that if I ever won the lottery -- okay, if I ever played the lottery and won it -- one of the first things I'd do is go back to college, this time in linguistics (first time was computer science). What could be cooler than understanding how we communicate with one another?

Deacon Ray likes this.
  13. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Actually, the fields of computer science and linguistics have many things in common. I hope you get the chance to study linguistics, it is a fascinating area to explore.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  14. Lemme Caution

Alright then, you've twisted my arm just enough to get a major hint. Think of the two donkeys and Mr. Ben Franklin, then relate that to the old saying about the place "where men are men and sheep are afraid". I think that about says it all. :cow:<:jimlad:>:cow:

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Did not get it right away either. The "when shall" question is from Macbeth, but ... donkeys? Anyway, here is a card that makes it even more obvious who the third one is. In the center, the viewer sees - the viewer. :)

Christian

Makanudo likes this.
  16. Lemme Caution

Love it!

Makanudo likes this.
  17. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Here is my weird voice and my weird accent in all its glory as I review my first vintage radio.

18. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

19. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

The amazing thing is that a look inside the chassis reveals the tubes are all Philco WWII or early Post War period tubes. They could be the original ones that came with the radio based on the codes and other markings on them. 72 years and still working perfectly without needing to be replaced.

When I opened the chassis I expected to see Made in China or Made in Russia replacement tubes. Not that there is anything wrong with these modern foreign vacuum tubes as they work just fine, and help keep these old radios working, but seeing all PHILCO and Made in USA all over the inside of my radio really warmed my heart.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Carausius, Alegandron and Theodosius like this.
  20. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

I used to own several vintage guitar ampliers and kept a stash of vintage, NOS vacuum tubes for them. I still have a cigar box full of the NOS tubes. They're available if you search hard enough. Your tubes may not necessarily be the original set that came with the radio, but so long as they're period correct, the radio will look and sound the same.

Jay GT4 likes this.
  21. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 Well-Known Member

My wife says I have way too many hobbies...One of my oldest is DJ'ing: 20170819_192300.jpg

Roman Re-enactment:
    392[1].jpeg

Racing Vintage cars:
    DSC_1576.JPG

Newest is learning Sitar:
    20160803_190026.jpg

I also do photography on the side...I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

Draft saved Draft deleted