Aside From Coins, Do You Have Any Other Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Aethelred, Jan 28, 2017.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I am waiting for it to come to me in the mail. Looks amazing in the video.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

4. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

My minerals, which I keep on display at work:
    438C7B58-6A91-4899-B0F9-727D922773CB.jpeg

5. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

@Nicholas Molinari That is a very nice display. Maybe one day you could start a thread showing off some of your favorites. The piece on the far right in the front on the top shelf, what is it?

Nicholas Molinari likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Spectacular!
    I started collecting rocks and minerals more than a year now.. I haven't shown my best stuff yet but soon I will do my reveal..
    Here's a small tease.. Flourites!
    20221023_214656.jpg

Oh and today I'm heading to a rock and mineral show in Long Island NY :cool:

7. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

Copper!

spirityoda and tibor like this.
  8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

9. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

How about old Honda mini bikes
    IMG_0434.JPG

10. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

bcuda likes this.
  11. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

I have more than that .

Nicholas Molinari likes this.
  12. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Wow, that's a lot of cans of spray paint! :wideyed: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

How many minis do you have?

bcuda likes this.
  13. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Photo was taken on Nov 15th in Scottsdale, Arizona

Combo Cropped_InPixio.jpg

Curtis, Amos 811, mikenoodle and 10 others like this.
  14. KevinM

KevinM Well-Known Member

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!!! ;)

bcuda likes this.
  15. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

I look forward to seeing some of your other specimens. I've collected minerals since I was a kid. Here is a very small sampling of my collection. Top shelf is a mashup of gypsum, calcite, barite, and quartz. Second shelf is all Romanian stibnites and the third shelf is all meteorites.
    IMG_9035.JPG

16. Croatian Coin Collector

Croatian Coin Collector Supporter! Supporter

Apart from collecting coins, my main hobby is collecting and reading books (I have hundreds of them, mostly history books), before the vast majority of the world went completely crazy some years back, I liked travelling abroad, but those and some other events have destroyed my desire to travel, another hobby I have is collecting quality mecha and space ships from my favorite animated series, here are some examples from my collection:

71NlXhSe27L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

meg81807_0.jpg meg81807_1.jpg meg81807_2.jpg
    meg81807_3.jpg meg81807_4.jpg

71Iy6otR0lL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

17. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

18. paddyman98

The English name for the first robot is Voltron. The original Japanese anime name is Golion. Go is Japanese for the number 5. The lions would combine together to create the big robot hence GO-Lion (5 Lions). I also have a huge collection of those type of toys going back to the 1980's

19. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Books and unpaid bills

Kentucky, svessien and -jeffB like this.
  20. Croatian Coin Collector

Croatian Coin Collector Supporter! Supporter

Yes, the Voltron: Defender of the Universe animated series is a 1984 American adaptation of the 1981 Japanese animated series Beast King GoLion, and it was my favorite animated series when I was a kid.

The second mecha is called Orguss, from the 1983 Japanese animated series Super Dimension Century Orguss, which probably has the best closing theme music ever.

The space ship Arcadia in the last picture is from the Japanese animated series Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

The only mecha I would currently like to add to my collection is Bismarck (called Ramrod in the American adaption) from the 1984 Japanese animated series Star Musketeer Bismarck (which the Americans in 1987 adapted into Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs), but that seems highly unlikely, since as far as I know neither Bandai nor any other Japanese company intends to produce a new one, while the toys Bandai released in 1985 are probably impossible to find in new/unused condition, but here is a picture anyway for those who are interested in how they look like (in the animated series the space ship transforms into the giant robot, but they obviously weren't able to replicate that in one toy back then, so they made 2 toys):

DSCN2946.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  21. paddyman98

I own one ;)
    IMG_20240205_214023691-1.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted