Aside From Coins, Do You Have Any Other Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Aethelred, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Those two "Horns" are behind the eyes, not in front.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice collection.:cool:

Hrefn likes this.
  4. Theborer

Theborer Well-Known Member

Lots of care

Collecting Nut and +VGO.DVCKS like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You are so correct. My mistake.

Nyatii likes this.
  6. Hrefn

Hrefn Well-Known Member

Thanks. Here are most of the rest of them. We did put one of them to its original use when our children were baptized. The priest used one of the Marius Hammer baptismal spoons. upload_2022-2-2_17-52-54.jpeg upload_2022-2-2_17-52-54.jpeg

7. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice, my late grandmother collected silver spoons from her various trips. They all had different scenes on them & were of various sizes. Some were really nice. Sadly they were sold to help pay for her Alzheimers meds. :mad: Stupid pharmaceuticals.

8. Mammothtooth

Mammothtooth Stand up Philosopher, Vodka Taster

Fossils, Pickelhauben, trains, Indian Artifacts 75A15C0F-C119-4211-B68C-4BD9B4DFF2F7.jpeg B16CEC07-F755-4699-B507-DE312BCC2F55.jpeg 11C53ACA-6C12-41B6-ADF2-1F90A06E2E75.jpeg D13EBCEC-A7CC-4EF0-B4EC-520DA3F7A742.jpeg D13EBCEC-A7CC-4EF0-B4EC-520DA3F7A742.jpeg

9. nerosmyfavorite68

nerosmyfavorite68 Well-Known Member

I enjoy collecting old time radio, from the original transcriptions. I recently acquired another bucket list rarity, a complete Lord Haw-Haw, who was crowing about the victory at Dunkirk, which is about as common as an Avitus AE4. I used to have a copy of the War of the Worlds (there are surprisingly many bouncing around), but I traded it long ago. I have two copies of Roosevelt's Pearl Harbor speech, one a complete c. 1950 copydisc, and the other a bona fide original, but it's only 15 minutes of it.

My main specialty's mystery shows, but I also specialize in unusual and demented OTR recordings. A friend turned me onto Jim Hawthorne, the original Weird Al.

10. Cinco71

Cinco71 Well-Known Member

Photography. I live in Japan, so I'm lucky enough to have this nearby to take photos of on occasion:

Fuji dawn.jpg

11. Phoenixchag

Phoenixchag New Member

I collect license plates. I concentrate on 1776-1976 plates (both official license plates as well as "booster" plates, and any plates featuring the US flag.

midas1 likes this.
  12. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I collect LEGO as well and for the most part that's it, but I also have some Black Series figurines and a helmet. This isn't all I've got by any metric, but I don't have photos of many of my other sets. I do have another thread with more of my LEGO. The ship is my Z95 from 2012 which I dropped and the brittle red piece broke. LEGO won't send me a new one so I replaced it with a piece from my V-Wing that's been in pieces for years. IMG_20211212_150020216~2.jpg RepairedZ95.jpg

seth77, Eric the Red, DonnaML and 2 others like this.
  13. Marc Chavez

Marc Chavez New Member

Tube amplifiers and to a lesser degree old radios.
    [​IMG]

Gilbert and svessien like this.
  14. Marc Chavez

Marc Chavez New Member

so how do we post pictures?

15. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I collect Radio Shows from the 40's. My favorite is "Johnny Dollar". I also enjoy the radio version of "Gunsmoke". I could go on, but you get the idea. I listen to them in my truck. I collect movies. I love the new 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD versions in my theater. The screen is 10' wide x 7' tall. I get a kick out of series, especially "Quantum Leap".

16. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I remember the radio version: Mr Dillion! Mr Dilllion! called Fester, Ms Kitty.
    James Arness.

Gilbert and UncleScroge like this.
  17. nerosmyfavorite68

The Australian version of Gunsmoke is of the greatest rarity.

William Conrad was the U.S. Matt Dillon.

UncleScroge likes this.
  18. GinoLR

GinoLR Well-Known Member

concombres 2019.jpg
    Comic albums, comic books, graphic novels, and original drawings by my favourite authors.

19. nerosmyfavorite68

20. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

21. nerosmyfavorite68

Draft saved Draft deleted