ASE set SOLD OUT

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by d.t.menace, Oct 27, 2011.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

$100.......

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Those 20th anniversary sets are selling for around $300 now?

4. I do not think these have officially sold out yet but have just been moved to wait list status. Once the failed credit cards and duplicate orders are deleted, you still have a shot. TC

5. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

It took 45 minutes by web, but I got 5 sets. Will sell 4 and keep 1.
    Lance.

6. green18

Si........Ballpark.

7. green18

I will sell whatever it takes to cover the cost of my initial purchase. I'm not looking to make money on these, although I am using them to fund my addiction.......:)

8. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Good idea.

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

What planet have you been living on? :)

10. lackluster

lackluster Junior Member

What is the best way to maximize profit on these sets? On an ebay auction it says you will recieve a sealed box that can be submitted for grading as first strike or early release. If you simply mail a sealed box of 5 sets to PCGS, what does that cost, what will you get back (25 seperate slabbed coins or 5 slabbed sets) and what will they be designated besides the grade?

I have never submitted for grading, would this likely be a good risk/reward?

Lack

11. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

The mint said that they sold ~25,000 sets an hour.
    I got in the first hour, so I should be good.

12. wornslick

wornslick Junior Member

I ended up working 11 hours today instead of 8. Tried to get through at lunch and my 3:30 break with no luck. Just got home and saw they are sold out. I did put my name on the waiting list. It is what it is. :smile

13. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

What would be the approx. grading costs for 5 sets sent in for grading at the same time?

14. Here is a PCGS estimate per 5 coin set:

$70.00 ($14.00 per coin grading fee x 5)
    $36.00 (First Strike designation fee for two coins, RP and S, but this is optional)
    $8.00 (Handling fee)
    $21.95 (Shipping charge for 5 coins)

Total = $135.95 per 5 coin set

Also, be sure to pray for MS/PF 70 as well. :devil: TC

15. green18

Thank God for OGP and let the early release designation be hanged. What a joke. I suppose if you submit your order number and the time that the mint accepted your order that this would be the only way to determine whether or not you had a true early release.

"I got one at 3:30PM with an order # of 38725xxx".

"Sorry buddy. Anything after 2:30PM don't get the designation......"

16. onecenter

onecenter Member

It took well over 30 minutes to place an order online after 4:30 pm ET. The Mint's website is so overloaded and slow, no private business could reasonably conduct business this way in the 21st century and survive. But, we have a constitutional monopoly of sovereign power selling their bullion goods, so you wait in line.

I ordered five sets, but I also ordered the Glacier National Park "puck," as well. Will I receive five sets? I do not know. Although I have an order confirmation, that means nothing, except for the Glacier "puck." I will settle for just one set, but if it never comes about, I will go buy other nice coins instead.

17. phdunay

phdunay Member

Anybody have the submitting information for these to PCGS or NGC? Special instructions?

18. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

19. ahearn

ahearn Member

"Early Strike" -- What a scam. How does one determine early strike on a mintage of 100,000 that sells out in four hours? I would never, ever, ever, pay a premium for an "Early Strike" slab. But then there are bigger idiots than me out there.

20. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

I have always considered all "early strike" designations to be a scam, this one just more blatant.

21. green18

OGP people. That's where it's at. Especially 'cause the monied interests are gonna be busting up sets to get the all elusive, most sought after '70'. Pardon me while I belch.......

Hair splitting and maximized profits ain't for me. Just happy I could score to keep the collection in the green......

Draft saved Draft deleted