ASE proof

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Sep 15, 2016.

1. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

DMac likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Until they decide to do it again. The 2006 RP was originally a one year only as well.

4. DMac

DMac New Member

As others have stated before I have a standing order for ASE's under the Mints subscription service. Excellent way to make hassle free recurring annual purchases.

5. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

I ordered one from the mint as well.

6. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Having the edge lettering required in the Transportation bill was pretty lame.

7. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

What woukd coins and transportation have in common for that ???

8. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I'll add another to the set for the thirtieth year in a row. I've been doing the set longer than I remember buying them. I sort of wish that they would go on to something different just so I can finally put that set to bed, buts really quite a beautiful coin in it's proof form.

9. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

I'd like the Peace Dollar obverse for the next ASE. In 2021 for the 100th anniversary? I'd love to see a Proof in high-relief, like the 1921.

And I agree, the current ASE is beautiful -- it'll be a tough act to follow.

10. DMac

DMac New Member

Kind of seems like the Mint is doing just enough these days to keep up with regulatory requirements and product line production. As a result, maybe they are a bit overwhelmed in the area of product design and creativity is concerned. Even in the area of packaging, with the exception of the centennial gold releases, does not appear much thought is being invested in how new releases are presented.

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Anyone gotten their 2016 ASE proof yet? Mine's in transit. One of the coin TV peddlers was offering them tonight for $99 with a 70 from a basement slabber. They didn't waste any time.

12. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Hey santini I purchased 6 cause I had the $$$ at most you might expect to get a newer up edge letter or something very rare , a double-edged lettering or something..

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

13. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

I have a subscription for 8, yesterday they showed up, keep one for my raw set and one for my graded set and one for my album. i do a couple shows a year and sell couple there. try to get some pic's out.:)

14. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

my 6 arrived this morning, just one more to fill page 6 2016 W PR 3.jpg ASE page 6b.JPG

green18, McBlzr, Nathan401 and 2 others like this.
  15. dwhiz

Better photo of Page 6 Page 6B.JPG

green18, McBlzr, Nathan401 and 2 others like this.
  16. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

dwhiz is that the new Dansco update page.:) i checked all my edge lettering for errs, they look a little odd with the smooth edge.

17. dwhiz

That is a blank Dansco page, I noticed one had a little finned rim going on and the edge is hard for me to get a good image. 2016 W finned rim.jpg 2016 W 30th.jpg

green18 and Santinidollar like this.
  18. 19Lyds

Nothing! It simply represents how federal legislation really works!

19. 19Lyds

Seriously?

How many times do people have to be told that
    "investing" in "Silver Eagles" is a sham?

Kirkuleez likes this.
  20. 19Lyds

2013 had the Enhanced Uncirculated as well.

But, still not a good investment. Collectible yes, investment NO.

21. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Silver eagle bullion coins are for investments. ASE proofs are for collecting.

dwhiz and Nathan401 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted