ASE proof

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Anyone going after a silver eagle proof for 2016? Mint starts sales Friday. I'm going for one although the edge lettering is a weak way to observe the 30th anniversary, IMHO.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thejaxcollector

thejaxcollector Active Member

I subscribe. Got an email a while back with the release date. Guess shipment will be tomorrow????

4. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

I'm in for 10...

5. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

In for two... one from the Mint, and one 70-grade from Apmex.

IMO not a good numismatic buy. Probably high mintage. And really, so what if it's a 30th anniversary?

But I'm hooked on edge lettering. And it's one-year-only. So I'm in.

6. Santinidollar

I agree with you. It's not a "good buy" per se, but it will be a fun one. Besides, my 1986 proof needs some company.

dwhiz likes this.
  7. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

I have a subscription every year. All of mine are raw but the edge lettering would probably look neat in an NGC holder.

8. Santinidollar

And it is drop-dead gorgeous.....

9. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I usually get 5 but this year I'm getting 6. 4, 1 each for the grand children,1 for my set and the best to get graded.
    No fancy labels but I might do the 30th Ann. PCGS label.

10. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I observed the ASE 30th anniversary by putting an unc. bullion coin in my ASE Dansco. I'm surprised they didn't have a special set like in 2006 and 2011.

11. The Oddsbreaker

The Oddsbreaker New Member

Like many others I subscribe and will be getting a Mint issued,but was intrigued by NGC's 30th Anniversary Label for The Proof 70 so I just bought 1 on ebay for $85 and then I saw another NGC Holder with a Red Field and had to have that one too - $95 for Proof 70. So yes I think this is going to be a good seller,the Edge Lettering is very cool too. Prices will probably come down a little in a month or 2, but by then I'll have moved on to other purchases....Have Fun

12. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I have heard the 2036 Anniversary Set is going to be spectacular!

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I still try to get one of each that come out but dear god it's been tough to keep track.

14. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm in for one. They are IMHO really beautiful.

15. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

I get one of each. I'm gonna wait until I can order the uncirculated one at the same time to save the shipping cost.

16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Wow mine shipped today, hope to see them Monday.

green18 likes this.
  17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mine are still processing. Subscription for two here.........

18. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

Just ordered 1 each for myself and my son. I'd like to buy 1 investment grade of the real deal. Any recommendations? Dates/MM?, what to look for/avoid?

19. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

The normal bullion version has no mint marks. The ones in the mind 90's were the lowest mintage years bottoming out in 1996 with "only" 3.6 million. If you want one just to have one, just get a currently year coin as they will typically be the cheapest for a new coin.

Dynoking likes this.
  20. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

Thanks, Speedbump.

21. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I'll probably be in for one

Draft saved Draft deleted