As Promised...My First Coins (Ancients+Silver Cob)

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Mrktstrtmyhm, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Mrktstrtmyhm

Mrktstrtmyhm Active Member

So I made a "I'm a new here post" and said I would follow up with pics of my coins. Well I had to wait a month and a half before I could finally get home and open them up. During downtime while on my travel job, I would browse auction sites and ended up ordering this batch over the course of two and half months.
    I was utterly astonished when I finally was able to hold them and see them up close. I can't believe the level of detail! And to imagine there are finer examples too just blows my mind. Also, I've never held gold or silver in my life so am super happy with the weight of these little guys. Hope you enjoy them as much as I am!
    About bankers marks...I think they're pretty neat and add character to the coin. Is there a source to identify common marks? The siglos has one on the side and the lydian stater has three (one on the lions face, and two on the side)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. happy_collector

happy_collector Well-Known Member

Nice selection. Thanks for sharing. I especially like your Lydia stater and Attica classical owl. :)

4. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

..those are sum dan-dees!...purdy much in the O-WOW! category!...kool :)

5. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

Wonderfull collection @Mrktstrtmyhm , congrats
    And to answer your question:
    Persia Sigloi (5).JPG

Look for: Hill countermarks Siglos

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Great coins...

7. Marsyas Mike

Marsyas Mike Well-Known Member

Wow - that is an impressive start to what promises to be a fine collection. Those are some nice coins!

8. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

Wow, like people have said, great and diverse set of coins to get started!

Ancient coins are amazing in hand aren't they?

Still gives me a lot of satisfaction after 37 years.

John

9. Mrktstrtmyhm

Mrktstrtmyhm Active Member

Thanks amigo! I really really really enjoy these coins, probably more than I even know. How does a career is numismatics look these days??

Marsyas Mike likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted