Arkansas River Waterway Coin Medal 1oz Sterling silver

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by xDirty, Dec 28, 2013.

1. xDirty

xDirty Member

I bought this today from a LCS , i paid 22 dollars for it. I thought i was buying a silver bullion but turns out this is a sterling silver medal. I got worried for a little cause i saw on ebay they had some of these and which are made of bronze and i thought i got ripped off. My coin sais sterling silver on the side so i was relieved but i was wondering how much is this worth ? did i pay too much ?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

How large is the medal?

4. xDirty

xDirty Member

its 39mm. They apparently made gold, bronze and sterling silver. Ive got the sterling silver one

Attached Files:

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Oh, and I don't think you overpaid much, if at all. I think I would have bought it for that price just because I like the look of the medal......

6. xDirty

xDirty Member

They had a few more from the same set in a junk silver pile but they werent as appealing and also this one was the only one that was in BU condition. I absolutely love the back of the coin where it shows a map of Arkansas. I think its silver content is around 18 dollars but if it was made in the 70's i thought it might have some numismatic value

7. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I like it. I grew up in Arkansas and remember Ark. Senator McClellan, and Senator Kerr from Oklahoma getting the Arkansas navigation system bill passed. I even remember Gov. Orville E. Faubus and the desegregation of central High School in little Rock. I don't think you paid too much.

Draft saved Draft deleted