Are you having issues uploading images?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by monetarium, May 10, 2017.

1. monetarium

monetarium Member

I've tried since yesterday to upload 2 small sized pictures for a previous post and I keep getting the same message "A server error occurred. Please try later."

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

MerlinAurelius and Deacon Ray like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pellinore

Pellinore Well-Known Member

Did you use a .jpg picture?

Deacon Ray likes this.
  4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

What is the url of the previous post you are trying to copy the photos from?

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I had two failures yesterday on the copper bar I posted but then it straightened out. I often wonder if part of it on my end is Microsoft updates waiting to be installed that are hanging up until I do the install and restart. This was the case yesterday as after I did what was needed it straightened out.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No problems here.

Ed Snible likes this.
  7. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

I think Pellinore is correct. If I copy the image to my computer and then save as a jpeg it usually works okay.

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The best advice I could give is to use a free storage such as 'Photobucket' which will upload your photos as you direct, and then have them if you decide to use them elsewhere, you don't have to search for them in CT. Once they are in Photobucket, click on them and an URL for direct posting shows. Copy that url. Got to where you want to display photo in your post, click on the 'picture icon next to the emojicon 'smiley face' and then paste the url in and post.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  9. monetarium

monetarium Member

Yes, I did, from my hard drive and I'd never had issues with that before.

10. monetarium

monetarium Member

No, from my hard drive :(

11. MerlinAurelius

MerlinAurelius Well-Known Member

I had problems uploading pictures yesterday. I thought it was just me. Thanks for making this

Draft saved Draft deleted