Are these worth selling?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Traci, May 8, 2021.

1. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

Traci likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Traci

Traci Active Member

OMG ya’ll! I just opened the boxes of quarters that I was told or maybe thought were 50 rolls from every state. That would have been cool. I started a state quarter book years ago. But one box is 50 rolls from Florida and the other 50 is from Kansas. Will definitely go through the Kansas and thanks to everyone sending links will research errors to look for on the other. A little overwhelming but I’ll post what I find! Just can’t can’t believe 50 rolls from each of those states plus what I already have Always up for a challenge though!

4. Traci

Traci Active Member

5. Brina

Brina Well-Known Member

Banks do not roll coin.
    The Federal depositories do.

eddiespin likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The Fed does not roll these. They are rolled by a third party, which I believe for these rolls, was N.F. String. The boxes were then delivered to the banks per their orders.

eddiespin, Evan Saltis and Spark1951 like this.
  7. Traci

Traci Active Member

Yes the wrapper says N.F. String and Son, Inc.. I didn't realize they were rolled by a third party.

8. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Another thing most people don't realize is the Mint doesn't make cent slugs (blanks). They end up being a kind of middle man in the production process.

The Mint has contractors punch out the slugs from rolls of zinc sheets, then copper plate them to spec. and ship. The Mints upset the blanks, turning them into planchets, and then strike the coins and ship to the banks or rolling facilities...imo...Spark

Mountain Man and Traci like this.
  9. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

look on ebay and usa coin book, these do carry some premium, usually you can get 16-18 a roll shipping included, and ship small priority box or sell in lots to even out the shipping cost, you should be able to net 12.00 per roll when done, anyways, better than spending..they cost you nothing, or hold for 10-20 years then they will be 200-40 a roll as morre collectors want un-opened rolls that is my humble opinion i have over 500.00 fqace in unc rolls from 50's to present and every year try and add to them for future profit

Cheech9712 and Traci like this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The 50-roll box is how they were shipped in the years that they were issued. Sometimes, bank customers would order a whole box. Other times, the banks would distribute rolls from each box, individually, based on customer needs.

Traci likes this.
  11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

That will drive you nuts. All I know is keep the Wisconsin d’s

Traci likes this.
  12. Cheech9712

Contact that Meow member Meow saves rolls @MeowtheKitty

13. Cheech9712

I find New Jersey’s hard for me. I don’t save them but I see very few

14. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow does have a collection of OBW Bu rolls. Not really into state quarters, But might want a pawful or two. Pennies, nickels and dimes too. Who cant afford an extra box of pennies to sit on. So shiny and pretty.

john65999 likes this.
  15. Traci

Traci Active Member

I have a bunch of New Jersey’s but it’s funny you mentioned being sick of the W’s. I have never found one I would like to just to say I have or have some just to keep. Aren’t there 5? Just went through a half gallon jug full of loose change too!

Cheech9712 likes this.
  16. Cheech9712

See if you can pick up like 10 rolls from the bank. You should find one. Just keep trying

Traci likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

There’s 10 different park w’s

Traci likes this.
  18. Traci

Traci Active Member

Wow 10? Will ask the bank for some rolls. Thanks for the tip! Would like to find one!

Cheech9712 likes this.
  19. Cheech9712

Check out roll search thread

Traci likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted