Are these peace dollars worth grading?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DoubleDiamond, Aug 22, 2020.

1. DoubleDiamond

DoubleDiamond Active Member

Hi,
    Are any of these peace dollars worth grading?
    Thanks
    8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

My feeling is no because you may not recuperate the cost of grading, but the more senior members here may know more. By the way, notice the 1926 has a bolder "GOD" in the motto? There's a very cool story attached to that if you google it.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  4. DoubleDiamond

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

JeffC likes this.
  5. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

I’m more of a Morgan guy, but I have some peace dollars. Thing about them is unless their very high grade their value is relatively low. You have the 1928P as the only rarity and some of the S mint marked years can get up there. Those pictures are not great, but I would recommend not grading. That said, I’m a raw coin guy. So grading may make sense if you are looking to flip and one of those S years are over $80 or $90. Use eBay sold auctions as a good gauge of what you could sell for on eBay if that is the goal. If your keeping, I would not grade.

6. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

No, they all show signs of circulation, nothing I see has enough value to justify grading fees.

7. DoubleDiamond

Thanks Longshot, Very much appreciated.

longshot likes this.
  8. JeffC

I think he's only got the '23.

9. DoubleDiamond

Thanks very much Silverg. I have four MS Morgan, Three from 1922, Philadelphia San Francisco and Denver, and one 1887 San Francisco. I will make a new thread with pictures tomorrow, to get the low down from you guys.

10. DoubleDiamond

Well spotted Jeff, yep its the 23.

11. Silvergmen

i didn’t mean he had the 28p, I was just saying that is the only rarity and then some of the S mint marks. I was referring to peace Dollars on general but I could have been clearer. Or I could drink less and have better grammar lol

JeffC likes this.
  12. Silvergmen

I assume you mean 21 as they don’t go to 22. The 21’s are all low value unless they are very high grades. But we will take a look if you like!

13. JeffC

Hahaha. Actually, my bad. I re-read your comment and now I get what you mean by "You have the 1928P..." You were giving examples. I guess it's like saying, "There's the 1928P..." And you know what, thanks to you, I learned that 1928 is a key date - something I didn't even know before. So, thanks! :)

Silvergmen likes this.
  14. DoubleDiamond

Hi Silverg, yes sorry the 21 not 22. My mistake. I\ll post the pics later and give you a nudge. They are in pristine condition, but judge for yourself of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted