Are these Morgans worth grading?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MixtureNo79, Jul 8, 2018.

1. MixtureNo79

MixtureNo79 Active Member

I have a bunch of Morgans that I inherited, and I submitted around 15 for grading to PCGS several years ago. I was new to coin grading, so I am not sure if I submitted the best ones or not. They were some of the best ones that I thought I had at the time.

I am wondering if it is worth it to submit the rest of them, or some of the rest, to be graded? The ones I submitted all came back either MS-63 or MS-64, and a couple came back MS-65 which I think I sold.

I am attaching 2 examples of some I have now. Any feedback would be appreciated! 20180708_001403.jpg 20180708_001403.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MixtureNo79

MixtureNo79 Active Member

Sorry, my photos are sideways for some reason. They aren't that way on my computer.

4. DMPL_dingo

DMPL_dingo Well-Known Member

It depends on what you plan to do with them - it costs $35 to grade a raw coin, without S/H considerations. Are you planning to sell them? Planning to stow them away as a part of your collection?

It also depends on the type - date and mintmark. Like all markets, it's supply/demand based. So the lower the mintage (generally), the higher the price of the coin. Or, the lower the survival rate more accurately in the case of Morgans.

You have a BU 1901-O and a Gem BU 1900 (I don't see a pic of the reverse). The 1901-O looks MS64. The 1900, well, is more interesting depending on the mint mark...

//Alternatively, in all seriousness, you can PM me and sell em' bulk!

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You need to look at one coin at a time. Some may be worth the grading fees.

Draft saved Draft deleted