Are these KKK tokens real?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by willieboyd2, Feb 27, 2011.

1. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

I would probably like to have one of those signs, just to have as a reminder of how things once were! I know kids these days can't even conceive these things.

Well I know these things were around during the time of my mother, and she would drink from "White Only" faucets just to prove the point that there were many Blacks with very light complexions that Whites couldn't tell they were Black. She would tell me that men would stand on the buses so that she wouldn't have to sit at the back of the bus with the "Colored People". They would stand in the crowded movie because the only seats left were in the balcony where "Coloreds" sat. I'm from Spring, TX and in my neighborhood was a Black Only school that my oldest brother went to before they integrated! It is now a community park, and the office is the school house.

I guess it was her way of holding her own protest against the racist times. She probably could have been in very big trouble if they knew she was Black.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tukas

Tukas New Member

imo Even though they are abhorrent and creepy, it is a reminder of the "dark side" lest we forget. If this type of thing are all destroyed, they become legend, then fable, then imaginary.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

True and one of the larger dealers in holocaust material and holocaust numismatic material is Jewish.

5. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

The "mercury in Swiss gold coins" is an urban legend and not true.

Mercury is removed from gold during the melting process.

Mercury was used during the California Gold Rush to separate gold from other materials.

But this has nothing to do with whether the original items were fake or real, does it?

:)

6. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Gary, you must have gotten great odds. What did you get ???

7. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

I hear you. If one was to go to a klan meeting these days, Most of the folks there would be FBI paid spies. LOL

8. lonewulf

lonewulf New Member

Those are interesting and different. I agree with rzage, if you don't remember the past, your bound to repeat it. I never would of thought of the kkk as to having tokens and things of the sort. If they're real, what would you estimate them worth?

9. ALF

ALF Member

I agree with you.

10. Happy

Happy New Member

Most likely, they are real. I was watching the history channel on the KKK last nite. They were huge in membership in the early 20th century. They did have many chapters. These tokens were most likely made by each chapter.

11. willieboyd2

I have seen a number of tokens and medals made in the
    early 20th century and the workmanship on them is
    much better than on the KKK tokens I posted.

The ones I posted look fake to me because they are
    crudely made.

Also, consider the source.
    A flea market.

:):(

12. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

what has this great country turned into anyways? Dammit

13. willieboyd2

I have a number of tokens from obsolete transit and bus lines.

The only riders now are FBI paid spies.

:)

14. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

That is kind of my thoughts. These guys made decent stuff. I once saw a hand carved wooden wind catcher that when all the wheels were spinning revealed the "KKK". The junk looking ones I think were definitely fakes.

15. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

today's KKK isn't a chip off the old block. too many video games, white rap, and a lack of old school craftsmanship.

Draft saved Draft deleted