Are these KKK tokens real?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by willieboyd2, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Fer sure, Here is a New York Giant Supremist Jeton from Superbowl 25. Can you say NORWOOD. Sorry Bills fans. :devil:
    IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_7510.jpg
    Jeton - making fun of short people.. :devil:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Coin Nazis want to dictate what we collect.

:)

4. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

every nation has it's unsavoury element in the past we in the UK have quite a few skeletons in the closet like inventing the concentration camp and the slave trade, but it is part of our nations history that cannot be airbrushed away, across the river mersey in new brighton there is a place called "niggers hill" nobody calls it that these days but it is still on old photographs and maps. the KKK is an integral if abhorrent part of US history and like it or not it will continue to be, just as the mis deeds of the UK are still in our minds.

5. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Here's a question for all the people who dislike Nazi coinage/memorabilia.

Do you like and or collect post 1945 Swiss gold and silver coinage? I will get to my point after people have commented upon the question,unless someone comes in and says the point I'm going to get too.

6. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Wasn't that money made with silver and gold confiscated from the Jews and others sent to the concetration camps ?
    rzage

7. willieboyd2

Now we are getting silly!

8. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

:so-sad:I still wish the Bills had won a Super Bowl. They had four chances in a row at it...

9. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Nobody is going to destroy Confederate money either.

10. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Had this season covered. Bet both Steelers and Packers to win it after I won q 13-0 week 9. At a LEGAL sports book here in Las Vegas. Best Superbowl I ever watched, knowing I had a "lock".

11. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

They are still around and rear their ugly heads at opportune moments. There has been occasions here in Texas where they decide to demonstrate for whatever reason.

I'm Black (although my looks are deceiving) and I would. not see a person owning these as a sign of them supporting the KKK. I actually think they are interesting and I would own them if I could. They are a part of history and historical items should be preserved. A person's actions and beliefs are where the issues are problematic.

12. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

I thought you were green

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Sure I would. As mentioned they are an artifact of history. You may not like that history but it did happen and should be documented. I am often drawn to such things simply because others shun them.

I have Nazi issues, issues for the concentration camps, even some of the death camps. I have a full set of the coinage frrom the Lodz getto in Poland including the 20 Mark coin issued just 15 days before the getto was "liquidated". Occupation currency issued by the Japanese in the areas they captured in the south pacific and in China. (The Japanese occupiers were rather ruthless to the locals) Many people who lived under their occupation have nightmare stories to tell as well.

I've been trying to find out if there were any special issues used in the US internment camps, a period of our history that we have swept under the rug. (Many are aware of the Japanese internment camps, but most DON'T know there were internement camps for Italian and German as well and that US citizens of those nationalities were also interned. I think it is a subject we are rather ashamed of.)

14. BALD SPARTAN

BALD SPARTAN Member

I live in the deep south and until this thread have never seen one of these tokens. But I must say that they do intrest me and I could definatly see one in my collection if I run across one somewhere for sale. Call me what you will I quess but as this thread proves one of these in your collection is a conversation piece to say the least. I love history and that means studying the good with the bad. Every movment in history has taught us and brought us to where we are to date.

15. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

It's nice to have an adult conversation about an adult issue...

kudos, guys!

16. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

That's funny! I guess Capt. Kirk is used to seeing green people!!!

17. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Rzage, you are correct!

The gold silver and many valuable artifacts such as paintings and antiques were sent to Switzerland and laundered into foreign currency so that the Germans could fund their war efforts. The Swiss also manufactured ammunition and machinery for the East Germans. There were some other countries that also accepted the gold and silver that was looted from the Jew's some of which was quantities of dental gold that before or after they were put to death was extracted from them. Here is a good article on the some of the dealings http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/goldp8.html

18. willieboyd2

Swiss Banks are in almost as many conspiracy theories as Area 51 and the Templars.

19. Texas John

Texas John Collector of oddments

The Swiss issued 20 Franc gold pieces in 1947. Metallurgic examination of coins from this issue showed they contained elevated levels of mercury as an impurity when compared to previous issues.

One explanation for this is they were made from gold that had been in physical contact with dental amalgams that contained some mercury.

I'll leave the horrible conclusion of how that might have happened unsaid.

20. Texas John

Texas John Collector of oddments

Many collectors of explicitly racist historical material are black. A genuine "Coloreds Only" sign that once hung over a water fountain is much more likely to sell to a black collector hoping to preserve and remember history so as to avoid repeating it as it is to a white racist who wants it for nostalgia value.

21. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

ah, so it's blacks collecting KKK tokens.

Draft saved Draft deleted