Are these essentially only worth melt value?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by C-B-D, Feb 14, 2018.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Your Australian florins might fetch a little more. Not significantly more though.

C-B-D likes this.
  4. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

I think they should do a little better than melt. The Australian 1927 Florins are a one off for that year and so sought after by some collectors, though not rare. The other Aussie stuff should do OK back there.
    I know there are collectors for the small Dutch coins, and I suspect the Spanish and Cuba coins would also have buyers.
    It would be a great shame to just melt them without giving other collectors the chance to add them to their collection.

C-B-D likes this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I think there are several that would bring more than melt but listing them one at a time is a lot of work. The Florins have a cool look. I would sell these as one lot with a starting price at melt. Keep in mind that I know very little about World coins.

C-B-D likes this.
  6. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

Unless you have the time and patience, I'd sell as a lot.

PaddyB likes this.
  7. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

Cuban 10 cent is worth more then melt because its getting harder to get Cuban coins.

C-B-D likes this.
  8. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I'd say the Aussie stuff is melt. Not really any better dates and the 27 commemoratives are easy to come by.

9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

FleaBay fodder? You may find a few collectors putting together sets that might be interested, if you don't mind the ebay hassle. I used to do well selling foreign silver like this at my local coin club. Made a little more than melt and the coins went to people who were interested in them, so that may be an option if that venue is available to you

10. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

I have found job lots of silver do better at local, non-expert auction houses where there are enough "amateur" dealers to bid things up in the hope of making a fortune. You have to set a reserve and understand the commission position well but it can be fun attending the auction to watch how they go!

Draft saved Draft deleted