Are these end roll toners really worth the premium?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by goldrealmoney79, Dec 5, 2020.

?

Worth the premium?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. goldrealmoney79

goldrealmoney79 Active Member

Obviously not all toners are created equal and I have seen some crazy end roll toners, but I came across this lot that went for a nice chunk of change but the toning wasnt anything crazy imo. Are these end roll toners just marketing or do you think they were worth the premium? Are they even end roll toners?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-48-RAINBOW-ROLL-END-TONED-1954-D-SILVER-ROOSEVELT-DIMES-US-COIN-/124455055780?hash=item1cfa1971a4%3Ag%3AR8QAAOSwFRpfvJCi&nma=true&si=37mHdDPE5pw43WvMK9m5SwfOU3U%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I think they put in one toned coin on each end of each roll. The rest are not toned .

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

It is worth it to people that collect toned coins. I paid a premium for my avatar coin. Got in a bidding war over it. I had to have this coin. Probably paid $50 more than it is worth, but I never regretted it either.

Long Beard and tibor like this.
  5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

There's a high chance that those are artificially toned.

6. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Most of them have a look that is market acceptable, but the problem with Roosevelt Dimes is that unless they are premium gem, nobody wants them, even if they are toned.

tibor likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not really worth extra to me.

8. Long Beard

Long Beard Well-Known Member

The current market seems to say that they are, some more than others. How long that holds true is anyone's guess.

9. goldrealmoney79

goldrealmoney79 Active Member

thats good to know @Lehigh96 !

Draft saved Draft deleted