Are there reverse double die wheaties errors

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Cheech9712, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Was wondering. Dont think i can recall hearing of wheat pennies with errors on the reverse. I must admit i think the quality on the newer pennies is really lacking. I think american workmanship and pride has now been replaced with pump as many out as you can and see what quality we have at the end of a shift. Like the (of) on United States (of) America. Half of the pennies are missing nearly the o and f. What do you think. Oops my question was about wheaties reverse errors. Guess its a 2 part question. Cheech

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The correct terminology is Doubled Die.. not Double

I want to share these webpages with you -
    http://www.error-ref.com/double-die/

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubled_die

Quote "Note that the proper terminology for this occurrence includes the letter 'd' at the end of the first word, hence "doubled die". The term "double die" without the first word ending in 'd' is not proper numismatic terminology" closed quote

Peace
    :angelic:

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I posted a 1943 steel cent on Friday that was both a ddo,and ddr. 1943 - 007

5. Cheech9712

Ok

6. Cheech9712

Your so right paddyman. Sorry about my num etiquette

7. Cheech9712

Are you kidding me paddyman. Instead of sending me a link answering my question. You send me a link on spelling. Wow what you going to do next. Wack me with a pointer. Cheech

8. Cheech9712

Ill try to find it. Thanks.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You may want to bail out before the "it's cent, not penny" patrol arrives.

Garlicus, Insider and gronnh20 like this.
  10. 2Old

2Old Active Member

11. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

You know if we both had a dollar for each time you corrected someone spelling.
    Including me over the past year.
    We both would be sitting in the Bahamas and having a cold one. USMC60

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. Paddy54

He wasn't giving you a Grammer or spelling lesson, he was giving you the correct term for a doubled die.
    And you aren't the first he as well as others have tried to teach new members the correct terms.
    spelling and grammar can be over looked as spell check on computers and pads often mis spell or use terms or words that are incorrect .

13. -jeffB

Yeah, there's a difference between making a typo and using a term incorrectly.

But for me, either way, I want to find out ASAP so I can fix it.

Insider likes this.
  14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Unfortunately in our society they learn young. When's the last time you heard a child say to his mother or father that they found a cent on the ground..

Every reply have heard all my life from children is mommy daddy I found a penny.
    And unfortunately mommy and daddy agrees with the child, and they're not going to call a penny a cent. (That is life). USMC60

ldhair likes this.
  15. -jeffB

Sure, and people call cartridges "bullets", too -- but if they do that on a firearms forum, they're going to be corrected, and the proper response is "thanks, I didn't know that", not "DON'T BE A GRAMMAR NAZI".

paddyman98 likes this.
  16. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Are we both on the same site. I have found since joining CT members have a tendency to be real nasty if you do not spell something right or grammar is not what's up to their standards. Unfortunately this is true and a fact.

What members on CT fail to remember. Is that all human beings are not alike.
    And not everyone is brought up the same way.
    I can only speak for myself on this part, over this past year on CT members have mentioned quite a few times to use spell check. Guess what people if you have dyslexia and cannot spell. Spell check is basically useless.

And as far as my grammar is concerned, I suggest you go to Louisiana and spend some time there.

And I'm not talking about going to Montenegro, get out into the country were normal people live.
    See I know voice recognition spell that word wrong but asked me if I care.
    USMC60

17. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

(Presentation) it depends on how it is presented. Since I've been A firearms instructor for over 30 years. And you brought it up I didn't, what would be the proper term on a firearms form.? USMC60

18. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

...I think paddyman was just trying to link OP to some useful references and hopefully ignite her sense of curiosity enticing her to explore these materials deeper.

paddyman98 likes this.
  19. Paddy54

I totally understand and agree with your statements . I myself yesterday was corrected on grammar in a post and did reply to the poster.
    In this case I believe that it was done not to be little another member but to correct the poster to the proper terms used in coin collecting .
    First of all every member here on this site are human and subject to error.... so leveling it out no one is perfect .
    Depending on the area you come from sayings and words have different meanings.
    Members from other countries may misunderstand the meaning of American slang's.
    I can think of several British sayings some that cannot be posted here as some may take offense even though they are truly harmless sayings.
    Every poster has a right to post to the best of their ability questions in a fashion that doesn't break the rules , or offend other members.
    Just because a member doesn't use proper language skills they shouldn't be put down.
    As my later mother would say if you can't say something nice best not to say anything .
    However teaching a new member a correct term in the hobby isn't a put down....it's a way to make the new person aware of terms used in the hobby so they won't become frustrated and not feel welcome to post and ask and learn more.
    I'm relatively sure most members here disagree on a lot of things.....however there's one thing that I be willing to bet . That is the love of this hobby, the passion to keep it going,and mostly to accept and welcome new members to enjoy the same passions we do as collectors .

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  20. Paddy54

And one other note.....Paddyman98 and I have known each other for years posting here on CT. Several time we have disagreed on items posted.
    That said I can tell you this about this individual whom I never met in person....and that's this.....he's a warm and caring person,who has a big heart. He's always willing to give help, and share everything in his life with others.
    I am proud to know him here and appreciate his help to not only myself but to all whom post here.

Insider and paddyman98 like this.
  21. -jeffB

I don't know, and since I know that I don't know, I'd ask you or someone with your background. (And hope that my example isn't itself completely off-base.)

Draft saved Draft deleted