Are there any good coins for flipping coming out soon from the US Mint?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Danr, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Well- does anyone have a hot tip?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danr

Danr Numismatist

4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ditto

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Do you really expect others to tell you the truth and create more competition for themselves?

Chris;)

longnine009 and billy b like this.
  7. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I think all coins minted by the US Mint flip pretty well. Heads or Tails, it's about a 50-50 chance....

8. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

Stay away from the MOD set.:)

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I believe the gold high relief coin won't go anywhere. It's gonna stay tied to the price of gold for a long, long time.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Having used coins to call heads or tails for more than 55 years when playing pool, I found that tails comes up more often on the smaller coins - cent & dime - about 65-70% of the time. For nickels and quarters, tails came up a tad more than 50%. That is why I always called tails when flipping for the break.

Chris

11. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

No more this year danr. We're waiting for the 2016 gold classic coins. I also heard that the Mint is going to make an inside-out Buffalo coin for next years 10 year anniversary of the gold buffalo

12. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I'd harzard a guess that they'll make a 30th Anniversary ASE set next year and I'd bet that would be popular to flip.

13. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Yes, there is a new "coin of the century" coming out every month...;):rolleyes:

14. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"the Marshall UNC gold commem is under 6000 on mintage"

from the website:
    Mintage Limit: 100,000*
    Product Limit: None
    Household Order Limit: None

Does that mean they'll mint them as needed?

15. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

what happened with the gold spouse coins?
    Are the prices holding up on them?

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Nope.

17. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

Are the First Lady coins supposed to be bullion or are they intended to have a value over melt?

18. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I think they were intended as collectibles, although I don't think any besides very few of the coins have a nice premium on them. The rest are probably held onto by the collectors who bought them because with the gold price drop plus original mint premium paid; selling them now would likely leave them in the red. As a younger collector though I have absolutely no interest in gold spouse coins and view them as simply fancy bullion much rather have an AGE or pre 33' U.S. gold instead.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  19. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

This post makes me sad.

20. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

I hear stamps are good for flipping. You should stop ruining our hobby and go ruin stamp collecting instead.

21. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

How are the 5 ounce silver bullion pieces doing. I sold all mine but two. The first issue from the mint in the matte finish. The Hawaii one in a proof finish. At one time I had three sets going at once.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted