Are Norfed sales on the blink?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Dec 8, 2012.

1. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

They are indeed counterfeit since they were designed to be passed as a current instrument. If they were in some way an imitation meant to deceive someone into thinking they were authentic, then they would be forgeries not counterfeits.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Looks like Von NotHaus is gonna go down in history as one of the great inventors who caught the US gov't with their pants down. Free Bernie, free Bernie.:D

4. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

Bernard von NotHaus, NOT "Von" (as it's correctly written in German, fretbored.) ;)
    And what did he "invent" pray tell?

I should add (Fraud #4?) 'Coining Ron Paul Pennies, with no endorsement/permission from Dr. Paul himself' ... and how many dupes actually believed they were supporting Ron Paul, buying these 'not-coins'? More that see the folly unfolding, here & now? LOL word-to-the-wise...

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?38712-Update-on-Bernie-von-NotHaus

5. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

SELL, BABY, SELL! When a Ponzi first fails, there may be some dumb money waiting on the sidelines, yet - take it, and GET THE @#$% OUTTA DODGE!

Recall how thousands of idiotas poured into 'cheap LEH' in those death knell stages because "it's a sure thing!" Ya it was LOL: a total trainwreck for loser investors.

LEH.png

6. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

7. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

My favorite Bernie Madoff rationalization: "What was I supposed to do? All these people were shoving money in my face, insisting I take it from them. What was I supposed to do, tell them their money wasn't good enough?"

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Hey blanco, obviously you didn't understand I was being facetious. Look it up, you may learn something because you surely don't know how to act on a forum. I told you once to relax as you seem to take yourself too serious. I don't need to learn anything from you so stop being such a pompous jerk.

9. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

The FBI was investigating/monitoring the connection of Norfeds to the antigovernment Patriot Network:
    http://www.splcenter.org/get-inform...s/2011/spring/active-patriot-groups-in-the-us

From the FBI affidavit, it looks like Norfed was a possible Ponzi too.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/TLCxZr1Uhsw
    "{William Kevin} Innes transported Liberty Dollars, Liberty Dollar marketing material, and
    Liberty Dollar referral payments to numerous PATRIOT NETWORK meetings,
    including the meetings held on 10/11/05, 11/08/05, 11/16/05, 12/13/05,
    8/8/06, and 10/10/06. Additionally, the DOE witnessed Innes transporting
    Liberty Dollars and Liberty Dollar marketing material to several other
    meetings, including the Liberty Dollar University sessions on 10/19/05,
    10/20/05, 10/21/05, 10/27/06 and 10/28/06; the ATLANTA FREEDOM CONFERENCE
    from 11/11/05 through 11/13/05"

10. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Has anyone talked to Juan Blanco lately? I need to contact him.

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

He is no longer a member by absentia.

12. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I'm seeing the NorFed coins back on eBay. I'm tempted as it's an awesome design.

13. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I think concerns about ownership have eased and gone away. ANACS now even grades them. If they are to your liking, I see no reason not to make a purchase. It is a unique part of exonumia with an unforgettable story, if nothing else.

14. John14

John14 Active Member

15. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

16. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

They have been on widely available eBay for a while. I was into them for a bit about a year ago and saw them regularly and never saw any pulled. Haven't been watching as closely of late.

17. MorganDollarTJ

MorganDollarTJ Senior Member YN

They are banned from ebay, you can get them from small sources though. I got one from a fellow Coin Talk member and I love it :)

18. MorganDollarTJ

MorganDollarTJ Senior Member YN

at least that is what I heard

Draft saved Draft deleted