Are Cotton Gloves Still A Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mikenoodle, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Joeboken

Joeboken Member

Thinking about what you said, I'm sure that's true in most cases, however, in my case, I have very dry skin so I use latex gloves in order to grip the coin better. My exposed skin is too slippery due to dryness, and I'm more apt to drop a coin using my bare hands rather than latex gloves. I find with the latex gloves I get much better grip on the coins, and if they fit nice and tight, I have no problem picking up even the thinnest coins. Just another view.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rmpsrpms

rmpsrpms Lincoln Maniac

Remember the episode of Gilligan's Island where they needed to repair the Minnow, and the Professor came up with the idea to use latex from the rubber trees on the island? They brewed-up a big vat of it, and of course silly Gilligan put his hand in it. Instant latex gloves! Form-fit to your hands. I wonder of there is anything in reality that would work like this?

4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I have cotton gloves that I use to put ASE's, Maple Leafs and Kooks in my Dansco albums.

5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

plasti-dip-gal-x2.jpg

6. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I must say that for the past 5 years I have not used cotton gloves I have use nitrile disposable gloves and they work great. Cottons out

Jaelus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted