Are any of these worth appraising? Part 2

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Write2bfree, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Write2bfree

Write2bfree Active Member

2005 S (looks scratchy but its really not)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1958 D (left) and 1959 (right)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by appraised?

Write2bfree likes this.
  4. Write2bfree

Sorry I just learned that the term would be "grade"

5. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

No, sorry to say having them graded would be far more than they're worth if done by a respectable company. There are services on the market that will grade and encapsulate a single coin for $10 or so total, but the only 2 companies worth their salt are NGC & PCGS both of whom charge quite a bit more.
    Your coins are all worth around $4 each give or take. Good rule of thumb is coins worth less than $100 aren't worth the fees :-(

Write2bfree and Endeavor like this.
  6. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't grade them. It doesn't appear that their condition is high enough where the increase in value by having them graded would exceed the cost to have them graded. Unless you want to store them away for 20 years and see if the older (by that time) label/slab brings in a premium. Then you would just be speculating.

Write2bfree likes this.
  7. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha. The cost of grading wold out weigh the value of these after grading. State quarters esepically. For the silvers, you need to have a key date in decent condition to MS, or a common issue in something higher than an MS66 to justify the cost of grading.

Write2bfree likes this.
  8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I don't see anything worth grading.

Write2bfree likes this.
  9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Write2bfree

I see that you got pretty much the same answers here that Books and I gave you in the other thread.

Before you begin submitting coins for grading (and possibly wasting money) I think you need to learn more about grading coins. "Shiny" doesn't mean a coin is worthy of grading. I think you should purchase a copy of the "ANA Grading Standards for United States Coins" to get you started.

Chris

Write2bfree likes this.
  10. Write2bfree

Thanks chris!

11. Write2bfree

Again thank you everyone!

Draft saved Draft deleted