Are 1976 quarters worth saving?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Legoman1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. John Johnson

John Johnson Well-Known Member

I think they will be like 1940 Jefferson nickels. In circulated condition I doubt they'll ever be worth more than face value, but I can't help myself; I save them anyway.

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

I found a really nice one the other day - I remember when they came out - it was a big deal because there hadn't been any design changes since the Kennedy Half in 1964. I agree with the others on what to keep.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

This most likely. Like I said thousands of people hoarded great numbers of them and every so often someone decides to sell off his treasure, learns they are just worth face value and dumps them at the bank. They become locally common for awhile until they are absorbed into other hoards and become uncommon again until the next hoard gets dumped.

Legoman1, Rich Buck and LA_Geezer like this.
  5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

That was probably me....not sure how they got to new Orleans from California but I won a delinquent safety deposit box auction that had a bag of 4000 bicentennial quarters.
    I asked around and got no interest at the time.
    These were Very nice AU condition but I turned them back into the wild.
    I found out later some people were paying 2x face and more on ebay for the nice condition ones.

Legoman1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted