App/Electronic Coin Catalogue

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Phoenix21, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Old member that’s finally making it back into collecting and wanting to stick with it this time.

I recently added a few pieces and was looking to electronically catalogue as I reconnect with the hobby and keep track of info (such as price bought) of coins.

Do any of you use a specific app to catalogue your coins? I figured I could just do a google drive and photo catalogue but wasn’t sure if there was something a bit more numismatic specific.

Thanks for the help!

MIGuy likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

There are a lot of choices. The simplest one is a spread sheet. You can make your own custom columns. I would highly recommend this if you have a smaller collection.

There are programs available if you want to purchase something already set up. I use Exact Change from Wildman software but in the past, I used Elite Software with no issues. Exact Change offers some things not available on Elite.

Joe Rohrbaugh likes this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Good Lord, ain't seen you 'round these parts in a year of Sundays.......don't be a stranger. :)

As for 'apps', I rely mostly on my knees (hurt like the devil when a thunderstorm approaches) or my 'divining' rod......... devil.gif

5. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replies!

Haha hey there green it sure has been awhile. Looking forward to diving back into collecting and seeing where it takes me!

glad you’re still here :)

green18 likes this.
  6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

7. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I use Numista which is free and you can export your collection as an excel spreadsheet. After using for several months now (slowly working on inventory) I’m a big advocate of same, though I wasn’t crazy about it at first.

8. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

I use Numista as well to catalogue my collection. I like that you can divide it into groups and enter quantities too (especially useful for rolls of the same coin). Also the site has tons of information. It is crowd sourced so some areas, especially pre 19th century world coins are lacking, but you can contribute information.

MIGuy likes this.
  9. Charles Ruge

Charles Ruge Supporter! Supporter

I use Coin Manage and it works for me. I also have it in an Excel Spreadsheet.

10. Joe Rohrbaugh

Joe Rohrbaugh My prize AU-55 coin

I also use Exact Change. It's a great program, which has many features. I especially like the image function. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

11. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Excel, save to computer, and two USBs for safe measure. We also catalog and identify the external USBs in our living will for our heirs. Great question thanks for sharing. Good luck.

runninghorse1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted