Apostle Islands Quarter

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by lovecoinswalkingliberty, Apr 13, 2018.

1. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I picked up the clad proof set for the wife .
    She wanted the Michigan Quarter ..

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

You clearly weren't paying attention to the bullionista thread where they found that there's no way it can be worth getting because the silver is only worth less than $90. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

You know the guys - everything to them is the bullion value, and that's all the value anything has.

Why is this worth $155.00?

5. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Not a bad design. A rendering of the "ice caves" would have been cool, but the kayak would have been out of place.

6. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

The Kayaker lowered the value the coin!

7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

8. Broncoholic

Broncoholic Well-Known Member

Those are the billion version. The $156 from the mint is for the “P” collectors version. In fact, individuals cannot purchase the bullion version directly from the mint. Only the “P” can be purchased from the mint.

9. V. Kurt Bellman

10. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

The kayak should have been a birch bark canoe to represent the native American history of the area. I was at the quarter launch at Red Cliff Wisconsin this past Wednesday. Henry Buffalo, a descendent of Chief Buffalo, gave a good oral history of the Bad River and Red Cliff bands of the Chippewa tribe that settled in the Apostle Islands area. Here's a picture I took during the ceremony. IMAG1864.jpg

11. KarlB

KarlB Active Member

I like the birch bark canoe idea a whole bunch; unfortunately, too late to change.

12. V. Kurt Bellman

The overwhelming nature of the ATB series is literal contemporary images, to the extent possible. Some exception is being made for National Historic Monuments.

13. STU

STU Active Member

not worth an investment too pricy

Draft saved Draft deleted