APMEX selling 2017 S Congratulations ASE. Thx US Mint

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by alucard86, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Bravo! Nice to see that not everyone is of the "anything goes" mentality.:D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You were half right. The rate of 70 is all that matters for 70 pricing compared to the 69s. What 69s go for is irrelevant to 70 pricing. Keep trying to compare 70s to raw prices from the mint though....

So anyone who disagrees with you isn't reasonable?

Complete nonsense

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I don't think their price gouging is acceptable period. It has nothing to do with whether someone is or is not involved with it.

5. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I can't say that anyone is price gouging at this point. Depending on cert ratios, the price of a 69 or 70 may be close to $300 if the final mintage is 125k. As for the difference between a 69 & 70, I don't care what the ratio is, often it's kind of like, "The emperor has no clothes". On any given day, one can cherrypick a 69 that's better than some 70's.

Whether or not certain dealers should have been allowed to monopolize the issue is another question. They monopolized it because it may be a $300 coin.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  6. statequarterguy

For those who have these coins in hand, has the mint taken care of the white spot problem?

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You won't know until years down the line

8. statequarterguy

True they do appear later, but I'd like to know if any are delivered with spots, as some are.

Draft saved Draft deleted