Anyone save copper pennies and or nickels?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Wheatie44, Jul 22, 2016.

1. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Good points, Tommy.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Chris,
    Sorry, did not mean to upset you but I wasn't really referring to balancing the budget. I was alluding to older coins that we had easily found in circulation when you and I were kids. Now they are pretty much all gone and you have to buy them now if you want to complete a collection. Long gone are the days of finding any kind of meaningful silver in circulation. A few strays here and there and the same with Wheaties. P.S. I think the budget was running in the black under Clinton, that is, if they told us the truth.;)

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You didn't upset him Tommy......he's grumpy to begin with........ devil.gif

BadThad and tommyc03 like this.
  5. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

I can't say I agree with this statement... A lot of people are still finding "meaningful silver" in circulation... You just need patience and perseverance to find it. Unfortunately, people today seem to be encouraged to give up rather than press on.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yeah, Tommy! I learned it from Ken when he's off the sauce.:woot::woot::woot:

Nah, you didn't upset me. I was just getting in a little jab about those who hoard the 95% copper cents. If the government can lose money, why shouldn't they?

Chris

tommyc03 and green18 like this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

It's what they do best....... devil.gif devil.gif

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

It's been extremely hot here lately.
    13718544_1078906385477928_6250339959575899320_n.jpg

Ericred and -jeffB like this.
  9. CoinZone

CoinZone Active Member

Just added a 1940 Jeff nickel to the nickel retirement home. Change from my local grocery store.

Ericred likes this.
  10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

11. Ericred

Ericred Active Member

I still save wheats, most of the stores I frequent save them for me, now I think I have enough, I should go through them and see what I have. I used to look thrm over, 1909's etc, I think I'm up to about 750 give or take a 100. I also kept pre 1960 nickels all the way back (not to far, I'm not rich) but I got to the V backs and Buffalo and well I csnt remember, but its not as interesting anymore, I've moved to other coins, metals and different paper money: red notes, Confederate, silver notes or foreign old bill. Nothing really

CoinZone likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted