Anyone pick up the HR Gold today?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

So I still think there is some controversy with the billing today. I was told by the customer care this is the first time they have charged TWICE for an item... not sure why. They said the second charge would drop in 3-5 days. BUT I was not expecting another $1,500 charge in my account, and it puts it pretty low. I have some more payments coming out in the next few days, so this puts me at risk for going in the negative. WHY would the mint do this?! Can anyone else confirm they have been charged double too?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

My order has now shipped! Now fix the second charge please....

4. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Mind sharing your order number now that it's shipped? I'm curious to know how far behind you I am.

5. I have heard of this before. They will correct it in a few days. If not, call your CC company once you get the coin delivered to you.

6. jwitten

USM034083XX .... one of the earlier ones it looks like

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

:)

8. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Yep. I'm right behind you at XXX8400

9. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

I'm way behind....93XX

10. soulsilver

soulsilver New Member

I'm new here, so I know nobody is hanging on my purchase weigh-in, but I let that first wave go and was regretting it and then got the email for the back-order wave and pulled he trigger. I like the image of he strong, modern woman. Got it for my daughter (eventually). Pretty psyched and would like to get the 2009 HRE for my boy so they can both have one someday when Dad kicks the bucket.

jwitten and TopcatCoin like this.
  11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I ordered one via phone then earlier today got an email stating it had shipped. The tracking link reports it had left
    Memphis, TN, United States 07/31/2015
    9:48 P.M. Departure Scan

12. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

They did this to me with the Truman coins. I used my debit card for that one and they didn't release the hold until 5 business days later; which irked me a little as I would have used a CC had I known they'd be tying up my funds for over a week.

jwitten likes this.
  13. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

I like the coin, but don't have $1500 to spend on $1100 worth of gold. : )

Rob

14. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

Can those who receive them early please post some different pictures?

15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I sold that one so I could buy some collectible (Commemortive) coins......

16. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

17. soulsilver

soulsilver New Member

Yeah I like the idea of getting some commemoratives to go along with them learning history. Think it would be a cool way to have things have some tangible reality to them.

18. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"here's a 2009 AGE HR at a good price.
    http://tinyurl.com/o8b4kcz"

Sorry, I thought this coin was selling for $1,700.00 I didn't realize it was an auction Sorry

19. soulsilver

soulsilver New Member

Ah no problem though I appreciate it! I'm watching it now to see how the auction price plays out.

20. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"now to see how the auction price plays out."
    Good Luck!

I believe I paid $1,189 from the Mint for the 2009 AGE HR. At one point they were selling for >$3,200.00 on eBay.

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Man, they were getting 'moon money' for those a few years ago. I'm glad I sold mine when I did. Now I can almost afford to buy it back.........:)

Draft saved Draft deleted