Anyone pick up the HR Gold today?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I have been on the fence. I really want a graded 70 one, but do not want to gamble them being too pricey in the aftermarket, so I went ahead and placed an order. Hope I don't regret it :)

GoldIRA likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I bought some.

jwitten likes this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I didn't order one but went onto the site to see how it was functioning. Site is fast.

jwitten likes this.
  5. jwitten

Care to say how many "some" is? I really hope these do well. I am surprised no actual pictures of the coins came out before the sale date. Hard to imagine how it will really look.

derkerlegand and GoldIRA like this.
  6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I just remembered about this, so I went to the web site and put one in my shopping cart no muss no fuss. To bad I don't want it.
    Just update to 100 pieces still don't want them

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  7. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

8. jwitten

I just checked my bank account, and the mint charged me TWICE for one coin! Oh dear! The first charge came through right away, but the second one just went through. Thankfully I have the money there. I wonder if they are having issues with others too?

9. jwitten

GoldIRA likes this.
  10. jwitten

Officially Unavailable!

GoldIRA likes this.
  11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I passed

dwhiz likes this.
  12. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

12 HH limits... Muahhahaahha

That'd be a Edited ~ rules load of gold. I didn't get a household limit if that's what you're wondering. $75k JEEZ

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  13. thejaxcollector

thejaxcollector Active Member

+1

dwhiz likes this.
  14. jwitten

Now they said they have sold over 35,000 and it is on backorder status, not sold out yet. I want a sell out.

15. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Looks like they're not sold out... Damn Mint stalling the sell out.

stewart dandis and jwitten like this.
  16. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Donald Trump is buying the balance that is remaining. He says they are a good investment :nailbiting:

17. jwitten

He might not make a good President, but he is a good business man. I know you were being funny, but if he bought them, I would feel good about it.

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

"Many collectors reported to Coin World that placing orders on the Mint's website was easy, but some problems were encountered by those whose orders totaled $25,000 or more."

That's gotta be the Donald......... rofl.gif

19. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Hahaha... Maybe he'll get the mint to include a limited edition Trump Toupee with each coin order. :hilarious:

20. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

I was really excited about these coins at first, but once I found out the mintage limit was a whopping 50k....it sealed the deal. PASS. The first people that get 'em and flip 'em will do alright, but I don't see much profit especially if you have to sell them on Feebay. Pre-sales are only a few hundred over issue price and hardly any have sold.

dwhiz likes this.
  21. I'll bet the big dealers like Apmex, MCM, Gainesville, etc. bought the majority of them today.

Blissskr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted