Anyone pick up the $1 Coin and Currency Set?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by AlbumAccumulator, Nov 25, 2014.

1. BaconSlayer

BaconSlayer Active Member

Ahh, maybe because I am new to the forum. A lot of forum terms I am still learning. Need a glossary thread!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

I think I made this one up just for this ridiculously delayed backorder, which is, by the way, SBO! ...for an order of 5-units placed on 12/14/14! :rolleyes:

McBlzr likes this.
  4. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Mint products upward their selling price to $48.99. Ebay 7 day average stay at $49.00.

5. krispy

krispy krispy

6. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

$50 at the coin show - had 10 of them.

BaconSlayer likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I haven't gotten a notification on this thread for quite some time and only found it by poking around a bit. You still haven't received your order yet Chris? If you need one PM me. You can have one of mine.

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks Ken. That's very gracious of you. I appreciate your generosity. I will wait and sort this out with the Mint.

BTW, there have been a number of recent problems CTers have been reporting in the Support & Feedback forum about the same issue with not getting email alerts to subscriptions. Supposedly it was broke, fixed, broke and fixed again.... it may have broke again.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Last I looked it was fixed. (my e-mail)

10. krispy

krispy krispy

I've been getting mine too, but there was a couple weeks of odd silence in watched threads and then a whole boat load of old messages in my email inbox all at once. That has stopped fortunately.

11. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

So, are these sets starting to dry up? eBay ads are down from around 200 to 124 today.

12. krispy

krispy krispy

13. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Average pass $50 to $51 a set.

14. krispy

krispy krispy

15. krispy

krispy krispy

A Live Chat with US Mint Support:

[Visitor] Hello.

[USM] Hello, my name is USM, thank you for contacting the United States Mint. Who am I chatting with today?

[Visitor] +++

[USM] Hi, +++! How may I help you today?

[Visitor] I am writing to check the status of an order, which has been stuck in backorder since 12/14/14. USM++++++

[USM] One moment please while I find that information for you.

[USM] For security purposes, could you please verify your full name, billing address, shipping address, email and telephone number?

[Visitor] ++++++

[Visitor] Will this order ever be fulfilled?

[USM] One moment please.

[USM] The order is still showing on a backorder, I know for sure we don't have the items available in inventory.

[USM] Let me do some further investigations, just a few more moments please.

[USM] There is no updated information on the item, we haven't charged you for the items as of yet so I want to say that there is a possibility that you would receive the item. I just can't give you a estimated time on when the item will be fulfilled.

[Visitor] If there is no inventory, as you were certain there was not, how can you suggest a possibility the items will be fulfilled? Is there a period of time after which an order will be cancelled? It's been three months, with no change in status. The coins were available when I placed the order, and haven't been available since that time.
    I don't know how long I need to wait, as I understand many other customers have already been receiving these items for several weeks.

[USM] That is how backorder works, if you placed the order for the coins while they were on backorder once we have them in inventory, we will then ship the items to you.

[Visitor] I placed the order when orders were being taken for them, not when they were already on backorder status. Back order status doesn't appear until after you place an order.

[Visitor] Can you please send this order to a manager for review and have them email me with an update?

[USM] I can put in a request for a supervisor to contact you regarding this order.

[Visitor] Thanks USM.

[USM] Thanks for shopping with the United States Mint. We're happy to assist you today and in the future.

The operator has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us.

Status... 12/14 SBO! :yawn:

16. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

I think you are done...sorry.

krispy likes this.
  17. krispy

krispy krispy

Oh, but, no! The USMint springs forth with eternal hopes!

Ethan likes this.
  18. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Oh yes, the inter dealers bid and ask up another 10% from its high. I see the maximum selling to us should be around $60 to $65 per set.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

Update from my 3/23 post / online chat with US Mint rep.

I indeed got a Supervisor follow up (phone call) 3/29 from someone in Texas(!), and she could no more confirm nor add any further detail on whether my order from 12/14 would be fulfilled or why it was more than three months backordered... Yet continued to assume it WOULD be fulfilled with all the hope in the world!

She said she would have to send the request for assistance for further review and get back to me.

However, 12/14 SBO.

This might turn out to be quite an interesting order saga! stay tuned...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    green18 likes this.
  20. Maybe Geraldo Rivera can find your coins? lol TC

Rassi likes this.
  21. krispy

krispy krispy

He'd be a hoot to chase after the Mint! Lol

Draft saved Draft deleted