Anyone pick up the $1 Coin and Currency Set?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by AlbumAccumulator, Nov 25, 2014.

1. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

With Krispy five more sets soon to be arrive. Total mintage now stand around 57,000 to 59,000 set. No wonder average ebay price down from $48 to $41.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Why are you thinking they made more than 50,000?

4. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Cause the report on serial number. Some below J 05700000 A. And now some above J 05750000 A.
    The low number that I noticed is J 05696501 A. And the high I got is J 05752681 A. Let's see what Krispy got. He always late to order from the mint and he always late in reporting to work.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  5. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

The serial numbers have nothing to do with the mintage. When the mint rolled this out as just another unc Sac, sales were low, so they believed they would not sell the total 50k mintage, so they also did not have 50k dollar bills on hand, so they had to acquire more with a break in the sequence. If the prices are temporarily soft on eBay, it’s because many potential buyers are getting their orders filled by the mint

BaconSlayer and jwitten like this.
  6. krispy

krispy krispy

Why do you assume all the serial numbers will be in order? There are often interruptions in them. These are not special notes, just a batch pulled for use with assembling these sets. There is nothing compelling the Mint and B.E.P. to provide a neat order to these notes nor have they advertised that they will be exclusively tied to an orderly serial numbering system. Let your imagination run wild, we know your wallet can't. BTW, 12/14 SBO. Maybe I'll cancel and make the Mint have to process some more paperwork for making me wait. Wouldn't be the first time, but I'm sure they can just pass the cost of it into overhead and charge you more for the next batch. Might be fun to return them if they ever physically show up, too. Five more for the suckers watching the prices on these plummet. It always does!

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

P1010694.JPG I have only seen one post that shows the back of the one dollar bill. See Ethan's post #242 on page 13. It has the same smudge marks as mine, from the bottom of each serf on the letter "N". Anyone else? It's probably an offset from the bill below it. It is much more obvious in the photograph. A special finish on the coin and now this, an offset error? What else can they do to this set to make it interesting? :>)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  8. krispy

krispy krispy

That's not an error on the note. It's very common on all notes.

BTW, 12/14: SBO. :zombie:

saltysam-1 likes this.
  9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I wasn't too sure myself when I typed it. Hence why I followed it up with a question mark at the end of my statement. I had a feeling I was on thin ice. And sure enough, I found the same offset on two 2009 series dollar bills after you said it was common. I will say this about the set. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was for just $13.95. And I do like the finish on the $1 coin. It's not the unattractive snakeskin look of the laser commemoratives, at four times the price.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  10. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Inter dealers buying and selling is up 10%. Bid 40.00 ask 45.00. That 's mean retail value should be around 50.00 to 60.00 a set.

11. BaconSlayer

BaconSlayer Active Member

Got mine today from 12/14 order.

J05749018A Pos A
    J05749019A Pos B
    J05749020A Pos A

12. krispy

krispy krispy

Please provide links to completed auctions, not just speculative pricing.

12/14 SBO.

13. MoneyHungry

MoneyHungry angel in a earth suit

Do any of the Presidential coin and currency sets have an enhanced uncirculated coin in them?

14. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

I think no, only these sets will have these.

15. MoneyHungry

MoneyHungry angel in a earth suit

Thanks Ethan. I like beer also but whiskey gets me there a lot quicker.

Ethan likes this.
  16. krispy

krispy krispy

There were so-called, Satin finish coins that included some of the golden dollar coins.

17. BaconSlayer

After further thought, due to my bill sequence numbers, I would speculate that my sets were returns.

18. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Finally got 11 sets and sold over 8 sets for double

19. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

SBOed?

20. BaconSlayer

SBO=Still Back Ordered

21. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Lol, I was questioning whether Krispy was still back-ordered or not. I guess the way I wrote it made it look like i was questioning the acronym.

Draft saved Draft deleted