Anyone pick up the $1 Coin and Currency Set?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by AlbumAccumulator, Nov 25, 2014.

1. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

I think the 50,000 set $1 note number is from J05700001A to J05750000A. I got my five sets with number J05734585A, J05735562A, J05735563A, J05736595a and J05736596A. That's mean there are still many not being ship out.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

I think you are right....

Mine just came in - NICE I do not think they are returns at all.....I am pleased. Now I just need to find out the information on the two types of these...I remember reading about it but can not find the link.

BTW - My dollars are sequential...J05750196-J05750200. Odd part of this is, it seems that all the other pictures are less than the 50000 number. It would seem that there will be more than the 50,000 mintage. This will be a rarity on how bad that was messed up I bet....just a thought.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    green18, micbraun and stoster38 like this.
  4. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Finally got mine Friday or sat last week! I didn't even look at the dollar note, but I should. I forgot when I ordered, so long ago.

5. krispy

krispy krispy

12/14 Still Back Ordered

6. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

All of my bills have smudges in the left field area. All four

7. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Received my 3-unit backorder today. All 3 coins look pretty good and have edge lettering. The 3 notes are sequential and under 50,000 at the end.

Rob

8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Received another box of 5 a few days ago... might have to leave those sealed. The price on unopened boxes might go up with the finding of the error coins with no edge lettering!

joecoincollect likes this.
  9. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I only ordered one and its still sealed. I really just wanted a graded example for my Saccy collection, but ordered one from the Mint in case the graded prices were too high and I could get my own graded.

10. joecoincollect

I think you'd benefit substantially more if u opened them all, since the error coins is so scarce. The premium that might exist for sealed packages is nothing in comparison.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  11. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

That depends on how many errors are out there. If it is just one or two, I would rather take a guaranteed extra profit rather then a 1 in 50,000 chance of hitting a home run

12. krispy

krispy krispy

12/14 Still Back Ordered

13. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Krispy, are you the only one paying attention to this thread that has NOT had their sets ship?

Rob

14. krispy

krispy krispy

Seems that way. LOL

15. joecoincollect

True

16. tracy5900

tracy5900 Coin Hoarder

Is 12/14 the last day to order?. Any 12/15 or 12/16?.

17. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Well, the saga of my missing Smartpost box continues. I called FedEx today since they said tracking it would take 1-2 business days and it's been 48 hours since I called them. So far no information...the Durham, NC FedEx office has not "completed" their investigation. I mean how long does it take to check on a box that went from one city to the post office 15 minutes away? I did a survey for the mint today and my comments were to get rid of Smartpost. I also called the Mint customer service to find out what to do if the box cannot be found. I commented abut the Smartpost and she told me that they have had TONS of complaints about it since they opened the new website in October. Lots packages and just general complaints about the Smartpost service. But does it seem like the powers that be are listening to the complaints? Apparently not. I told her I'd gladly pay 20 cents more for shipping if they would ship USPS 2-day priority and I hoped the conversation was being recorded. I just might call FedEx every friggin day if they don't get on the ball and push to find out what happened to my box of coin and currency sets!

treylxapi47 likes this.
  18. krispy

krispy krispy

I think it's the tail-end, or when coins had come back on and then abruptly sold out again by that date.

Checking again today, my 12/14 order is SBO.

19. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Well, miracles upon miracles, my box has been found. The other day I signed up to get texts from the USPS on the tracking number for the box every time it was scanned. I guess after I called FedEx yesterday and really got on the gal about how long it was taking to track a box that was about 15 minutes away from my PO they got on the ball and found it. The last text said delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but with luck I will have it today. But I'll gladly take it tomorrow too. 5 more sets.

20. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Got to the PO to mail a bunch of stuff and my box of 5 sets was waiting for me. I had the following serial numbers on the bills: 05750335, 0345, 46, 47, 48. Interesting.

21. krispy

krispy krispy

12/14 SBO, as you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted