Anyone pick up the $1 Coin and Currency Set?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by AlbumAccumulator, Nov 25, 2014.

1. hodsintegra23

hodsintegra23 New Member

I got my 5 sets yesterday in the mail, but I am debating sending them in to be graded or not. I haven't opened the box so I may just sit on the unopened box for a while and see what happens. I placed my order on 12/10, they got it out pretty quick.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Just checked mine and it was still backordered for my order placed on 12/4

Would calling help any? I always buy my mint products as a guest, will that immediately move me to the bottom of the pile?

4. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

The mint stated that the stocks will be available on December 18. So the shipment should start on that day. Those who receive their order before stock available might be those returns from customers. That is what I guess.

5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Hi Trey, I'm not sure. I placed my order on 12/4 as well. I am registered at the mint as I have a subscription on some products. I was just notified that my 2 sets shipped today.

I have no idea what might help. I've never called them and from what I've heard, the customer service can't really "see" beyond their computer screens. I'd give it another day and see if your status changes. I know this hasn't been much help.:(

6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I placed an order of 30 on the 4th, and an order of 5 on the 10th. Already received the 5, hoping it would not cancel my 30. Just got a ship notice for the 30, but it is showing it shipped 27, and shows 3 as a separate order. Weird. Not sure if I will get the extra 3?

7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

When I ordered 3 omn 12/13/2014, my card was almost immediately hit but as I check my order and my card account, the Order says "Processing" yet the card account has the money back in it.

I'm not holding out any hope for a Dec 18th Ship date at this point in time.

8. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I just got an email that my order shipped!!! About time!!

9. treylxapi47

I personally think that I will get my orders, as my order would have been included in last weeks figures for sets sold, before they sold out the rest this week.

Hopefully it will all go through, at any rate I may at least get those 3 extras from @jwitten looks to be missing.

10. 12/4 order just shipped.

11. jwitten

No, you won't :) It looks like for some reason the are sending a box of 27, and a box of three. Got both tracking numbers!

12. treylxapi47

Dang you, i hope they send mine out soon, at least I will know something one way or another.

13. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Today is December 18. Stock available now. Orders change from backordered to on hold and ready to ship anytime soon.

Average price at ebay for yesterday, December 17 is $31.85. With a high at $55.00. Average up from $29.66 to $31.85. Availability - sold out.

Other 2014 set like four coins silver kennedy set at $109.12. And two coins clad set at $14.79.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  14. tomn66

tomn66 Member

The 2 sets I ordered on 12/10 arrived this morning. Now the question is ...why did I only order 2?

jwitten likes this.
  15. jwitten

So I am beginning to not like UPS. Both my packages are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Problem is, I am heading out of town TODAY for Christmas. My Dad literally lives down the street, and it will not let me change it to his address. They also are going to charge me to hold it. The only solution is to have my Dad stay at my house ALL day waiting for them. Yuck

16. Fullbands

Fullbands Certified Authentic Details

And after a brief period On Hold, we are back to Backordered. I'm glad restaurants don't work this way.

Rick L.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  17. stoster38

stoster38 Member

UPS can be too inflexible at times. I hope it works out ok for you!!

jwitten likes this.
  18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

FDX Smart Post is really dumb. It took 3 days for the package to leave their staging area(in their hands 12/11.....left their facility 12/14). Then, on the 15th, it arrives at Rural Retreat Va. By the 17th the package makes it to Allentown Pa. Hopefully it arrives today...........

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

My, how things have changed since I left there. Back in my day we'd hold a package for up to a month and not charge you a dime. Guess it's all 'money' now. We'd also change the delivery addy if requested by the customer.

20. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I finally got mines today. Glad I end up ordering. They packaging is really nice and the coin looks in really good condition!!!

21. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Mine is processing.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to all coin collectors.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    stoster38 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted