Anyone pick up the $1 Coin and Currency Set?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by AlbumAccumulator, Nov 25, 2014.

1. It sold out in less than 5 days, and has a nice looking enhanced circulated Native American dollar.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Looks like it might no be sold out yet, the mint added a Remind Me button on the product.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Hey, what's with the 'enhanced uncirculated'? Anyone know?

5. green18 likes this.
  6. Jayfurball

Jayfurball Member

I ordered a few dozen. Haven't received yet but they have been shipped. Looks cool.

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Welcome back!

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set from Mint News Blog:

"Update: Some readers have noticed that the product image identifies the coin as “2014 Native American $1 Enhanced Uncirculated Coin”. This is different than the press release which indicates an “uncirculated finish” (the identification used for coins in the annual Uncirculated Coin Set). I have reached out to the Mint to clarify whether the coin included in the set is actually different or unique in any way from those previously issued."

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  8. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

The maximum is 50,000. Mint say temporary out of stock.

9. krispy

krispy krispy

More accurately...

Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: 50,000
    Household Order Limit: None

link

They could offer the coin in another format.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

So I haven't missed the boat after all? Thank Jesus.......

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Not sure what happened with this release. Seems they botched the release info, differing from the actual specs then it sold out or someone tried to corner the market in this product and it was marked Temp. out of stock. Happened about the time the Mint pulled back the 300k product limit on the K13 sets to 225,000.

12. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

the mint should have include a two dollars paper note instead of one dollar. so i can buy many set of it. i need two dollars note.

13. krispy

krispy krispy

You can buy all you like on the B.E.P.'s Money Factory store, link for $2s

14. krispy

krispy krispy

If you are in the US, any bank will have them, usually new in straps, at that.

15. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Going to click on that remind me button so I can get one as soon as they're back in stock

16. krispy

krispy krispy

Certified Collectibles Group / NGC sent out an advert today about getting the sets certified NGC/PMG:

[​IMG]

The Learn More link link goes to the following NGC page:

Submit the 2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set
    Posted on 11/17/2014*

*I think the published date is posted in err on the NGC page. Was it supposed to be predated to the 27th, not the 17th? (Today is the 26th). The NGC article says, "The US Mint has sold out of the 2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set, which went on sale on November 20." So that article couldn't have been posted on the 17th! Further, the Mint page say "Currently out of stock", not "sold out". Perhaps the Mint hasn't sold out of the set and has more coming pending availability when finished being minted and ready to ship, or if they get order cancelations or returns that could fill orders going to other customers.

The Mint News Blog page I posted earlier in this thread was dated on 11/20. In it, they stated the set went on sale from the Mint on 11/20. Did the Mint sell out 50,000 units of this set in one day? I don't think so... Unless someone has tried to corner the market and scooped up the majority of the sets available, as it was without household limit.

Remember Mint News Blog suggested the set differed in specs from the Mint's own Press release, too! (see earlier link)

I think there are multiple crossed wires with this release... o_O

Keep an eye on this one! It might present a reward catch if you can lay hands on a set.

17. krispy

krispy krispy

18. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

krispy, which new york city bank have the new $2.00 bill that we can exchange it. let's say. midtown or downtown manhattan area?. thanks.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

Any bank with teller windows should be fine. Chase, Bank of America, others... $2 notes are so common most banks have them because no one usually wants them and returns them to banks. We don't commonly use the $2 notes in circulation, but some people give the $2 notes as gifts to kids.

20. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

ebay price average at $40 for 2014 coin and currency set.......

21. krispy

krispy krispy

Yes, many people who bought them, bought many multiples of the sets and are now flipping them at great profit with the LATE news of the enhanced uncirculated finish and "sell out" the coins had.

Draft saved Draft deleted